It’s frequently to see both experienced photographers and video editing hobbyists having the needs to split or cut their raw MTS/M2TS footage captured by an AVCHD camera or camcorder, meanwhile keeping the original MTS/M2TS file format without re-encoding or recompression. That’s where Pavtube Media Magician for Mac comes in. Playing the role as an HDcam assistant software for Mac, this little Mac app features enhanced functionality to split MTS and M2TS videos in accurate frames, so as to make it possible for users to easily cut off/delete/remove unwanted parts in an MTS/M2TS clip at precise point. Plus, by using its lossless output option, users can choose to export MTS to MTS (M2TS to M2TS) preserving the original file format or rewrap MTS/M2TS to MKV at will. For more detailed information about this frame accuracy cutting tool, please refer to Media Magician for Mac Review.
How to Split/Cut MTS/M2TS Files without Re-Encoding/Recompression on Mac?
The guide below shows the detailed steps on how to split MTS and M2TS AVCHD footage frame by frame on Mac, and export MTS to MTS (M2TS to M2TS) with flawless quality without changing the original file format.
The free trial version of Pavtube Media Magician for Mac has the following limitations:
1. It will add Pavtube logo watermark in output file(s).
2. Lossless output has a file size limit of 5 minutes.
If the free trial version does what you want, you can click Buy Now button below to purchase its full version to bypass the above mentioned free trial limitations.
Stage 1: Add MTS/M2TS clips into Media Magician for Mac
There are two ways available for loading source media files:
1) Import from camera/camcorder
Connect your camera/camcorder with your Mac computer and run Pavtube Media Magician for Mac. This frame accurate video editor for Mac program will detect your camera or camcorder automatically and ask “Camcorder is connected. Are you ready to launch wizard now?” Click “Yes” to confirm.
In the mean time, you are allowed to backup MTS/M2TS footage directly from camera to local computer. Also, you can click the camera icon to load camcorder videos as well.
2) Import from local computer
If you have already stored MTS/M2TS clips on the hard disk drive of your Macintosh, you can choose to “Import Media Files” or “Import Media Folder” to browse and load source files from the path that contains the source files.
Stage 2: Drag and drop AVCHD MTS/M2TS files onto Timeline
After source MTS/M2TS clips are imported into the program, you can directly drag and drop the clips that you want to do frame accurate splitting onto timeline. To select multiple clips on list, you can press Command Key and click.
Stage 3: Split/Cut/Trim MTS video by frames accurately
On the preview window, you can use Frame Selection Controller to seek to the corresponding frame of the current image, or seek the previous frame/next frame for locating desired frames accurately.
After the desired frame selected, please click “Cut” button on timeline to split/cut/divide the MTS clip at a very precise point. Then highlight the clips you want to delete from the timeline, and click the “Delete” button next to the “Cut” button to remove the unwanted parts.
Control buttons on Timeline
The control buttons on timeline help you locate frames accurately so that you can cut, trim, delete, and merge video clips in a much easier way.
1. Time Display Controller: Move your mouse cursor on timeline, the opposite time point will be displayed here. Once you entered a time point into the time display box and click enter, the Preview Window and Timeline will switch to the frame of this time point. This helps to locate to the accurate frame that you want.
2. Zoom in and Zoom out: Drag the bar on top-right of timeline to Zoom in or out for better view.
3. Preview: Highlight a clip on timeline and click Play button, you can preview. Double click on a clip can also begin preview.
4. Cut: Drag the pointer to the right place; Put your cursor to process bar under preview window and select the right frame; Click the Scissors button and you can cut the clip. And then you can rearrange order or delete.
Cut the clip at where the cursor locates
5. Delete: Highlight the unwanted clip on timeline, and click Delete button. You can also delete it with right-click menu.
6.Trim: Put your cursor to the start or end point of a clip on timeline until it changes to trimmer. Drag the trimmer and you can trim off unwanted starting or ending.
7. Rearrange order: Drag and hold a clip to the right place until the place line shows. Drop the clip and it will be placed right there.
8. Merge and join: All files placed on timeline will be output as one file. So if you want to merge and join several clips, just drag them to timeline in right order.
Stage 4: Export MTS to MTS (M2TS to M2TS) without recompression on Mac
Choose “Output” in the main interface, and click “Plus” icon to add conversion task before selecting output format. Then switch to “Lossless” > “original” and click “Start” to begin exporting MTS to MTS without re-encoding on Mac.
Please pay attention to the following matters while using Lossless Output:
1. Currently it only supports MTS, M2TS, MOD, TOD formats;
2. The format and codec of video files on timeline should be substantially the same;
3. Any editing effects (such as Effect, Audio, 3D) will be ignored when output.
For more details about using Pavtube Media Magician for Mac, please visit online help document of Pavtube Media Magician for Mac.
- Convert/Deinterlace Panasonic G3 AVCHD 1080P MTS to FCP (X) on Mac
- Convert 1080p MTS Videos to Windows Movie Maker
- Convert Panasonic HC-X900, HC-X900M AVCHD 3D MTS on Mountain Lion
- How to convert MTS/M2TS to VOB for DVD authoring/burning?
- Canon Vixia MTS to Windows Movie Maker Converter
- How to convert MTS to MPEG-4 MP4 and H.264 MP4 formats?