- Fast convert MOD files recorded by JVC, Panasonic, and Sony camcorders.
- Compress, trim, crop, add special effects and different watermarks.
- Upload the recording content online with converted FLV formats.
- Backup the recording videos in your computer or mobile devices.
- Support VFW codec encoding and 5.1 channel audio output.
Supported OS: Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7)
Size: 9.6 MB
- Backup/edit/convert/lossless join camera/camcorder shootings for non-linear editing software, devices and YouTube.
OverviewPavtube MOD Converter for Mac is an ideal tool for users of JVC (such as JVC Everio GZ-MG330 ), Panasonic, and Canon MOD Camcorders to edit and convert MOD videos on Mac OS. Its powerful editing facilities allows you to convert the MOD footage straight from your digital camcorder, and then output other popular video and audio formats like MP4, 3GP, AVI, DV, MPG, MPEG-4, FLV, MOV, 3G2, VOB, MP3, FLAC, MKA, OGG, WAV, AC3, M4A etc for editing and playing. The Remux option allows you to transfer MOD to MPG file for editing without any quality loss at fastest speed.
Easy to use interface
You will be expert when using the MOD tool since its easy-to-use intuitive interface allows you to find any options you need.
Faster conversion speed
This program optimized its conversion speed, so that you can convert the MOD in less time.
Simple gauss blur effect
Simple gauss blur effect is very useful to recorded file formats, since it can eliminate the recorded videos noise. If you like, you can also add other special effects including simple laplacian sharpen, gray, flip color, invert, aged film and deinterlacing. What is worth mention is the deinterlacing, which can convert interlaced video into a non-interlaced form, so that you can enjoy a better and clearer video effect.
Accurate trim the special length of MOD video
The trim function allows you to get a specific length of MOD video accurately since its inner seek function can capture any key frame of the MOD.
Crop MOD clips
You can cut off the black edges and unwanted MOD video area easily.
Merge multiple videos and replace original audio
You can join multiple videos into one bigger file for conversion, as well as replace the original audio with other sounds you like.
Add text, image, and video watermark
This program supports to add different watermark types, including text, image (including GIF), and video watermark to the MOD. With its video watermark function, you can add a picture-in-picture effect to your video.
Capture the snapshot images
You can capture the snapshots images as your wallpaper or editing elements if you like.
Audio and video sync technology
The program adopted advanced audio and video sync technology; never let you troubled by the audio and video issues.
Its built-in codec will not install any codec on your computer, so as to avoid the unexpected codec problem.
- 1G Hz or above PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor.
- Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7)
- 512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
- 1024*768 or higher resolution display.
AVCHD video, M2TS, MTS, and M2T files from JVC, Canon, Panasonic, Sony AVCHD digital camcorders, copy protection removed Blu-ray m2ts streams, TS, TP, TRP, MOD and TOD files
Output Devices Supported
Apple products: Apple TV, iPad, iPod, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch 4, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4
Game consoles and media players: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, WD TV Media player, Seagate Media Player
Android tablet PC/smartphones: Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC Evo 4G, Motorola Droid X, Samsung Galaxy S(Vibrant/Epic 4G/Fascinate/Mesmerize...)
General MP4 players:PSP, Archos, Creative Zen, iRiver, etc.
Windows Phone 7 phones: Samsung Focus, HTC Surround, LG Quantum, HTC HD 7.
Other popular cell phones: Nokia N8/C7/E7, Blackberry, etc.
Output File Types
H.264/MPEG-4, DivX, XviD, MKV, MP4, AVI, MPEG, WMV, FLV, SWF, F4V, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, VOB, TS, DV, MPEG-2 HD Video (*.mpg), MPEG- TS Video(*.ts), Quick Time HD Video (*.mov), WMV HD Video (*.wmv), Audio-Video Interleaved HD Video (*.avi)
MP3, AAC, FLAC, MKA (MKA(Matroska) Audio), OGG (Ogg Vorbis Audio), WAV(Nokia WAV Audio), AC3 (Dolby Digital AC-3), M4A, DTS (remux),MP2, AIFF, AMR, SUN AU Format
Meet your high expectation
There were one or two other similar programs, but I am running 10.4 still, and that made it the clear choice. So far it has worked as advertised--I can finally watch my movies from my JVC camera on my Mac using iMovie. Thanks for making a nice product. Jan 11, 2010
Support for versatile editing software
I found you after conducting a Google search on converting MOD files.I needed to convert some JVC hard Disc camcorder video files to .mov so I could edit on my Mac (Final Cut)....your product works beautifully! (Steve) Jan 25, 2010
Works great and satisfy your needs
I have downloaded the updated version per the instructions. All seems to be working fine now. I found your software through a search engine (MSN) and compared it to 3 others with the trial versions prior to selecting Pavetube to buy. Overall, I am satisfied with the product. Mar 12, 2010Q: What are the differences between the trial version and the retail version?
A: A trail version converts videos with watermark (the logo of Pavtube) on the screen and asks if you would like to purchase at each run while a retail version allows you to use freely without putting on watermark. As a customer of Pavtube, you will be reminded to update the software whenever a new version is released. The update is free of charge for lifetime. Besides, your emails will be attended at the first time, your advice and requirements will be much valued when we upgrade the software.Q: How to combine multiple video clips into one file?
A: Select the items you want to combine together and check the box of ‘Merge into one file’ before converting the videos.Q: How can I get AAC/ AC3 5.1 channels as output audio?
A: You can click ‘Settings’ button and select ‘5.1 channels’ from the drop-down list of Audio Channel. Please note that piratical output formats do not support 5.1 channels.Q: How can I set the output file name?
A: Please find the column named ‘Destination File’ on file list. Double click the output name and then you can type in desired output file name.Q: I’d like to eliminate black bars (edges) from the movie, what should I do?
A: Click ‘Edit’ button to enter into the edit panel and switch to the Crop tab, then just drag the dashed frame on the video screen of the original preview window to cut off the unwanted parts to get the right aspect ratio you need.Q: How do I install and register the software?
A: Please find more details at Install and register Mac products.
3.2.2Jan 21, 2013
- Fixed improper conversion issue with Kindle Fire profile.
- Fixed failure for importing certain MOD files.
- Included Pavtube Streaming Server as a new feature.
3.2.1Sep 26, 2012
- Fixed crashing issues on OS X 10.5.
- Fixed freezing issues.
3.2.0Aug 26, 2012
- Added 16 new profiles for recent devices and HD media players.
- Some other bugs fixed.
3.1.3Jul 18, 2012
- Fixed the improper processing of Crop feature.
- Some other bug fixes and spell-checking.
- Added support for TOD and AVCHD MTS/M2TS camera files.
3.0.2Nov 22, 2011
- Added AVI AC3 5.1 format for PS3 streaming.
- Added 16:9, 4:3 and 16:10 aspect ratio options to Crop feature.
- Fixed some bugs.
3.0.1Oct 24, 2011
- Added support to export webm format.
- Optimized preview function.
- Fix some bugs.
v2.4.3Sep 14, 2011
- Added Avid DNxHD 720p/1080p(*.mov) profile.
- Added profile for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Motorola Xoom, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia A500, Creative ZiiO 7, Creative ZiiO 10, Pandigital Novel 7 Tablet, and Samsung Galaxy S II.
- Fixed some bugs.
v2.1Jun 16, 2011
- Redesigned software GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- Added new format template for Apple’s iPad 2nd Gen.
- Added Profile Manager.
v1.8Aug 03, 2010
- Added customized H.264 video format for Motorola Droid X.
v1.8Jul 19, 2010
- Added optimized formats for Android smart phones such as Motorola Droid, Google Nexus One, HTC Droid, Samsung Fascinate, etc.
- Fixed for crash issue and some other bugs.
- Now identifies interlaced video and applies Deinterlacing facility to these videos by default.
What's next? Price: $29