- Convert Canon footage and other HD videos for playing on iPad 3, Galaxy S3, Infinity TF700, Nexus 7, etc.
- Support Apple ProRes/DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/AIC encoding.
- Deinterlace and reduce image noise to keep better quality.
- Transcode MTS/MXF/MOV/TiVo HD videos to mkv, mp4, mov, m4v, etc.
- Encode 1080p/720p HD videos for editing with iMovie, FCP(X), FCE, and Avid.
Supported OS: Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8)
- iMedia Converter for Mac is good at converting Blu-ray/DVDs and non-protected video files to your required file types.Backup/edit/convert/lossless join camera/camcorder shootings for non-linear editing software, devices and YouTube.
OverviewPavtube HD Video Converter for Mac is designed for converting HD videos from HD camcorders or DVs (like JVC, Panasonic, Sony, Nikon and Canon), non-protected HD or Blu-ray movies, DVR files (*.tivo) to other file types for playback on popular media devices like Apple TV 3, PS3, Xbox360, PSP, iPod, iPad 3, iPhone/iPhone 4S, BlackBerry, Android smart phones(Motorala Droid, HTC Incredible, HTC Desire Z, Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy S3), Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime/Asus Infinity TF700, Nook Color Tablet, Nexus 7, WD TV, PlayBook, Samsung Infuse 4G, Lenovo IdeaPad K1, Acer Iconia Tab A200, Kindle Fire, Vizio Tablet etc. as well as for editing in iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro, Avid, Adobe Premiere, and so on.
Comprehensive editing function
You can trim the video to be a certain length and crop the video to set the size of the screen as well as set the effect by changing brightness, contrast, saturation, volume of the video. Choose the specific effect model from Simple gauss blur, Simple laplacian sharpen, Aged film, Flip color, Invert and None. In addition, you can horizontally and vertically reverse the picture.
Manifold Mobile players
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac supports almost all portable players like iPod, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPad, Apple TV, PSP, BlackBerry, Creative Zen, iriver, Zune, etc.
Split selected video file
Using the Split function, you can split the selected video file into required video clips by specifying the clip quantity, duration time and file size.
Deinterlacing to get better video quality
This program can remove interlacing lines on videos from Interlaced scanning cameras, Interlaced DVs, or DVDs.
Watermark the video with company logo, text, or video
This fantastic program provides unique watermark adding and editing function. You can add and edit not only text and image watermark, but also add video watermark to create "Picture-in-picture (PiP)" effect. VP6 alpha video watermark is also supported.
Perfect Audio Video sync
With the AV-sync conversion technology, you won't get the out-of-sync problem with this program.
Capture attractive images
With this program, you can capture any frame of the video as snapshot. The images can be found in snapshot folder.
Merge multiple videos
Check the option Merge into one file on the main interface to merge the several videos into one file, if you want to convert multiple videos without any interruption.
- 1G Hz or above PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor.
- Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8)
- 512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
- 1024*768 or higher resolution display.
Video formats (*.avi,*.divx, *.wmv, *.wma, *.asf, *.dvr-ms, *.wav, dts in wav, *.rm, *.rmvb, *.ra, *.mov, *.qt, *.mp4, *.3gp, *.3g2, *.dv, *.m4b, *.m4v, *.m4a, *.aac, *.flv, *.f4v (YouTube, Hulu, Fox, etc.), *.dat, *.mpg, *.vob, *.mod, *.tod, *.mxf (partial), *.mov from JVC, Panasonic, Canon, Nikon, Sony cameras and camcorders, *.m2v, *.m2t, *.m2ts (Blu-ray), *.ts, *.tp, *.evo, *.mkv, *.dv, *.tivo);
Audio formats (*.au, *.mp3, *.mp2, *.flac, *.ape, *.ogg, *.8svx, *.aiff,*.aif, *.caf, *.dts, *.smv, *.tta, *.voc)
Image formats (*.jpg, *.ico, *.bmp, *.png, *.gif, *.tiff)
Others (*.flc, *.fli,*.gxf, *.pss, *.mvi, *.mtv, *.vdr, *.pmf, *.pva, *.k3g, *.vp6, *.nsv, *.nuv, *.dmskm)
Common video formats:
(*.avi, *.wmv, *.asf, *.mpg, *.mp4, *.3gp, *.3g2, *.mov, *.mkv, *.m4v, *.vob, *.dv)
HD video formats:
(*.mp4, *.mov, *.mpg, *.ts, *.mkv, *.wmv, *.avi)
Final Cut Pro format:
Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), Apple ProRes 4444 (*.mov), DVCPRO (*.mov), HDV (*.mov)
QuickTime Movie format:
Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov), DV/DVCRRO – NTSC (*.mov), DVCPRO – PAL (*.mov), DV – PAL (*.mov), DVCPRO50 – PAL (*.mov), DVCPRO50 - NTSC (*.mov), Avid DNxHD (*.mov)
Lossless video stream:
(*.vob , *.mpg, *.ts *.m2ts from DVDs, TiVo shows and blu-ray discs)
Portable devices supported:
Apple products: Apple TV, iPad, iPod, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch 4, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4
Game consoles and media players: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, WD TV Media player, Seagate Media Player
Android tablet PC/smartphones: Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC Evo 4G, Motorola Droid X, Samsung Galaxy S(Vibrant/Epic 4G/Fascinate/Mesmerize...), Amazon Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet
General MP4 players:PSP, Archos, Creative Zen, iRiver, etc.
Windows Phone 7 phones: Samsung Focus, HTC Surround, LG Quantum, HTC HD 7.
Other popular cell phones: Nokia N8/C7/E7, Blackberry, etc.
(*.flv, *.f4v, *.swf)
MP3, AAC, FLAC, MKA (MKA(Matroska) Audio), OGG (Ogg Vorbis Audio), WAV(Nokia WAV Audio), AC3 (Dolby Digital AC-3), M4A (Nokia M4A Audio)
convert P2 MXF to MPEG and link clips together
I have been using your software as a rudimentary editing system. I am converting MXF files to MPEG-2 files to send to media outlets. We use Panasonic P2 cameras, and without the editing software, we were unable to push video out. With your product, we have been able to easily convert the files to mpeg, and ship them to our ftp site for the media, then post them to our YouTube site. The ability to link multiple clips together has been a lifesaver. I have told my friends about this product and highly recommended it! 11, August, 2010
Convert HD footage directly from cams
I LOVE YOUR SOFTWARE! I tried many others first and yours was the first I found that actually worked, and it is extremely powerful. I am using videos from an Insignia HD camcorder. The original files were incompatible with my current software and also were far too compressed (MEMORY HOGS) for newer software. The videos are in AVI format with an h.264 codec. I particularly like that I can import directly from my camera SD (saves me steps and time). 6, May, 2010
Import HD MOV to Adobe Premiere Pro
Many cameras and video products on the market today save to .mov files. And almost every mov file format is different. Frustrating! Some I can import into Adobe Premiere Pro while other mov files no audio or the video is scrambled. Pavtube imported all my mov files and gave me perfect .wmv files to work with. Like I said, I tried every combination with everything I had trying to break it. I failed.... 6, May, 2010
Transform HD videos to Mac compatible version
I found it very useful for trasform my HD videos. Mac users have big problems with all the video formats, but with your software I can convert every kind of video in a Mac compatible version. Very easy and complete variety of video formats. 5, Apr, 2010
I think the software is great- I tried and sampled many others and none were both straight forward AND accurate- particularly with regard to synchronizing audio with the video. 29, Jan, 2010
Good conversion speed and quality
The product was recommended to me by a local woman who specializes in Mac computers as I was having problems downloading from my new video camera to my software program. The conversion speed and quality are very good. It was so easy to use. I I can say it was very easy to figure out right away and I really appreciate that. 25, Jan, 2010
Q: I have purchased the software, but I can't install the pkg- file on my Mac (version 10.5.8). It says intallation failed when I try. What to do?
A: Pavtube has been updated to support the coming Mac Mountain Lion system. This new pkg file may have problem to install on Mac OSX 10.5.8. If you have this problem pls download the special installation file for Mac OSX 10.5.8 from below link.
Further question, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: I just purchased Pavtube (so I have the latest version). I am using it to convert my camera video files into a format that is compatible with Final Cut Pro for video editing. But none of the FCP formats seem to work. The conversion takes place but I only get an audio file and no video. Final Cut Pro (nor any other program) cannot open these files. Converting the video files to other formats i.e. Quicktime HD, works perfectly well, but none of the "Final Cut Pro" presets do. Is there something I'm missing or is there a bug in the program?
A: To convert correctly with Final Cut Pro output formats it is required your computer must be installed with FCP, otherwise there will only be audio without video in the generated file.Q: My videos were recorded by my HD camcorder, there are many stripes and noises on the picture after conversion, why should this happen?
A: Some footages are taken under interlacing mode, and this lead to stripes and lines on the screen. To eliminate the lines, you may follow ‘Edit’ menu-> ‘Effect’ tab and check ‘Deinterlacing’ box before conversion. As to the noise, when you apply the special effect mode “Simple Gauss Blur” from the drop-down list, the noise will be reduced greatly.
Q: Trying to convert MXF files from Canon XF300, the below error messages come up.
"There are 1 MXF files without source audio files. Please put the relative source audio files to the same directory with the MXF videos, or to the relative Audio folder, and import the MXF video files again.The mentioned MXF video files: If the converted files are abnormalities of voice sound , please contact the customer support."
There are no more files that I can add and all files are in teh same directory with mxf same results with no sound form hard disk after import through canon xf utility or straight from CF card.
A: This problem has been fixed in latest release on March 19, 2012，pls make sure you are using the latest version. If not, pls download the update from your pavtube account or contact email@example.com for a download link of update.Q: What are the differences between the trial version and the retail version?
A: A trail version converts videos with watermark (the logo of Pavtube) on the screen and asks if you would like to purchase at each run while a retail version allows you to use freely without putting on watermark. As a customer of Pavtube, you will be reminded to update the software whenever a new version is released. The update is free of charge for lifetime. Besides, your emails will be attended at the first time, your advice and requirements will be much valued when we upgrade the software.Q: How to combine multiple video clips into one file?
A: Select the items you want to combine together and check the box of ‘Merge into one file’ before converting the videos.Q: My widescreen movies (16x9) aren't staying widescreen after conversion. I don't want the video to be stretched and made taller. What can I do?
A: Simply click ‘Settings’ button and set the Video Size to 1920*1080 or 1280*720 before converting the movie.Q: How can I get AAC/ AC3 5.1 channels as output audio?
A: You can click ‘Settings’ button and select ‘5.1 channels’ from the drop-down list of Audio Channel. Please note that piratical output formats do not support 5.1 channels.Q: How can I set the output file name?
A: Please find the column named ‘Destination File’ on file list. Double click the output name and then you can type in desired output file name.Q: I’d like to eliminate black bars (edges) from the movie, what should I do?
A: Click ‘Edit’ button to enter into the edit panel and switch to the Crop tab, then just drag the dashed frame on the video screen of the original preview window to cut off the unwanted parts to get the right aspect ratio you need.Q: How do I install and register the software?
A: Please find more details at Install and register Mac products.Q: I am unable to download the program properly. What can I do?
A: Please check whether your computer has been infected. Then check your IE settings. Please click "Internet option..." under "Tools", and then select the "General" Page, just click "Delete file...", and it will be OK.Can I change the output file name?
Yes. Please find the column named "Destination File" on file list. Click the particular output name under the "Destination File" column, and then you can specify the output file name.
- Import Nikon D7100 1080p MOV to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X without rendering on Mac OS X
- Canon Rebel T5i/EOS 700D Review: Import T5i MOV to iMovie/FCE on Mac
- Transform Sony PMW-F55/F5 XAVC files to Final Cut Pro X
- Convert H.264 MOV from FinePix-hs 30, Nikon D51/D31 to ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro
- Convert Fraps AVI footage for editing on iMovie or uploading to YouTube
- Get Canon EOS 700D/Rebel T5i footage into Final Cut Pro timeline
- How to put together H.264, QuickTime, AVI, MPG and FLV videos for editing in Final Cut Pro 7
- How to extract audio from Canon DSLR camera footage?
- Convert DVR-MS video to Final Cut Pro preferred Apple ProRes 720p video
- Convert Black Magic Intensity Pro ProRes files to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer 6
- Import Canon EOS Rebel T4i footage into Final Cut 6/7 – MOV to Apple ProRes Redering
- How to import video files or projects to iMovie 8/9/11 on Mac?
- Transcode ProRes files to MKV, MP4, AVI, MPG, H.264, FLV, WebM and more
- Upload camera video clips from Aperture to SmugMug on Mac
- Importing MPG into Final Cut Pro X with ProRes 422 MOV format
- How to import AVCHD/MTS/MKV/AVI/MXF to Apple Aperture 3 on Mac
- FCP X: Native vs. Optimize vs. Proxy Media
- Convert AVI/MKV/MP4/M4V/FLV to Apple ProRes codec for FCP editing
- Canon 6D and Final Cut Pro workflow
- Workflow for Nikon D600 and FCP (X) - Import D600 MOV to Final Cut Pro (X)
22.214.171.12452Jun 04, 2013
Fixed audio-video-sync problems of Apple Prores output
Solved the XAVC file conversion issues
Fixed ATV output audio-video-sync problems
Other known bugs fixing
Added more preset profiles for latest portable devices
3.2.2Jan 21, 2013
- Fixed improper conversion issue with Kindle Fire profile.
- Fixed failure for importing certain MOD files.
- Fixed preview and conversion error with MKV files containing 10-bit subtitles
- Fixed some freezing and crashing issues with Panasonic P2 MXF files.
- Included Pavtube Streaming Server as a new feature.
3.2.1Nov 29, 2012
- Improved stability and optimized media player.
- Fixed wrong size issue when exporting Apple ProRes video in 1080p.
- Fixed some other bugs.
3.2.1Sep 26, 2012
- Fixed crashing issues on OS X 10.5.
- Fixed freezing issues.
3.2.0Aug 26, 2012
- Added 16 new profiles for recent devices and HD media players.
- Fixed BDMV import failure that occurs with OS X 10.8. Users now can import AVCHD folder to the software by drag and drop operation.
- Some other bugs fixed.
3.1.3Jul 18, 2012
- Fixed the improper processing of Crop feature.
- Some other bug fixes and spell-checking.
3.1.2Jul 08, 2012
- Changed Apple TV .mp4 profiles to .m4v.
- Added XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, and XDCAM HD422 profiles.
- Now preserve Timecode when encoding MXF for Final Cut Pro editing.
- Fixed some bugs.
3.1.1Jun 11, 2012
- Added Apply to All option to Crop feature.
- Fixed some bugs.
3.1.0May 30, 2012
- Added automatic update feature.
- Added audio fade in/ fade out feature.
- Added video rotate feature (rotating 90 degrees right or left).
- Added simple-mode for easier cropping with improved output preview effect.
- Added optional video split feature to certain Android templates to fit the extended memory SD card.
- Upgraded to support precise frame-by-frame video trimming and MXF trimming.
- Now preserve multi-audio streams when converting MXF to MKV/MP4 and Apple ProRes encoded MOV.
- Fixed some bugs.
3.0.10Apr 27, 2012
- New presets for Apple TV Dolby Digital 5.1 audio pass-through.
- Optimization to split operation and effect setting.
- Now support 2D to 3D conversion by setting 3D effect in Video Editor panel.
What's next? Price: $35