If you have an AVCHD HD camcorder and lossless conversion is just what you are looking for, then Pavtube Media Magician for Mac, a frame accurate MTS editor for Mac might be the appropriate choice for you. Frame accurate seeking is possible in Media Magician for Mac, so users can process frame accurate splitting/cutting on MTS clips without recoding and create files in original format with flawless quality.
What does Frame Accuracy refer to?
Movies are often digitally compressed before stored. There are key frames and non-key frames in compressed movies. Non-key frames can NOT be displayed without key frames, while key frames can be displayed independently. The functionality to locate and display each frame correctly, no matter key or non-key, is called Frame Accuracy.
Tips: In filmmaking, video production, animation, and related fields, a film frame or video frame is one of the many still (or nearly so) images which compose the complete moving picture.
How to split/cut/trim MTS frame by frame without re-encoding on Mac?
The guide below is about to demonstrate how to split/cut/trim MTS clips frame accurately by using Pavtube Media Magician for Mac without re-encoding.
The free trial version of Pavtube Media Magician for Mac has the following limitations:
1. It will add Pavtube logo watermark in output file(s).
2. Lossless output has a file size limit of 5 minutes.
Step 1: Add AVCHD MTS clips into Media Magician for Mac
There are two ways available to import source media files:
1) Import from camera
Connect your camera with your Mac computer and run Pavtube Media Magician for Mac. This frame accurate MTS editor for Mac program will detect your camera automatically and ask “Camcorder is connected. Are you ready to launch wizard now?” Click “Yes” to confirm.
In the mean time, you are allowed to backup MTS footage directly from camera to local computer. Also, you can click the camera icon to load camcorder videos as well.
2) Import from local computer
If you have already stored MTS clips on your HDD, you can choose to “Import Media Files” or “Import Media Folder” to browse and load the AVCHD .MTS files from computer.
Step 2: Drag and drop AVCHD MTS files onto Timeline
After source MTS clips are imported into the program, you can directly drag and drop the clips that you want to do frame accurate splitting onto timeline. To select multiple clips on list, you can press Command Key and click.
Step 3: Split/Cut/Trim MTS video Frame by Frame
In this section, you can preview, trim, cut, delete, rearrange order, and merge MTS clips.
Control buttons on Timeline:
1. Time Display Controller: Move your mouse cursor on timeline, the opposite time point will be displayed here. Once you entered a time point into the time display box and click enter, the Preview Window and Timeline will switch to the frame of this time point. This helps to locate to the accurate frame that you want.
2. Zoom in & out: Drag the bar on top-right of timeline to Zoom in or out for better view.
3. Preview: Highlight a clip on timeline and click Play button, you can preview. Double click on a clip can also begin preview.
4.Trim: Put your cursor to the start or end point of a clip on timeline until it changes to trimmer. Drag the trimmer and you can trim off unwanted starting or ending.
5. Cut: Drag the pointer to the right place; Put your cursor to process bar under preview window and select the right frame; Click the Scissors button and you can cut the clip. And then you can rearrange order or delete.
Cut the clip at where the cursor locates
6. Delete: Highlight the unwanted clip on timeline, and click Delete button. You can also delete it with right-click menu.
7. Rearrange order: Drag and hold a clip to the right place until the place line shows. Drop the clip and it will be placed right there.
8. Merge & join: All files placed on timeline will be output as one file. So if you want to merge and join several clips, just drag them to timeline in right order.
On the preview window, you can use Frame Selection Controller to seek to the corresponding frame of the current image, or seek the previous frame/next frame, which helps to locate frames accurately.
After the desired frame selected, please click “Cut” button to split/cut/divide the MTS clip at a very precise point. Then click on segment you want to cut off from the timeline, and click the Delete button next to the Cut button to remove the unwanted parts.
Step 4: Export videos without re-encoding on Mac
Choose “Output” in the main interface, and click “Plus” icon to add conversion task before selecting output format. Then switch to “Lossless” > “original” and click “Start” to begin exporting MTS to MTS without recompression on Mac.
Please pay attention to the following matters while using Lossless Output:
1. Currently it only supports MTS, M2TS, MOD, TOD formats;
2. The format and codec of video files on timeline should be substantially the same;
3. Any editing effects (such as Effect, Audio, 3D) will be ignored when output.
More details about using Pavtube Media Magician for Mac, please visit online help document of Pavtube Media Magician for Mac.
- Import Panasonic DMC-ZS30 AVCHD MTS to FCP 6/7 without Log and Transfer
- Batch Manage Camcorder AVCHD MTS/M2TS Footage at One Time on Mac
- Sony FS700 1080 50p/60p AVCHD workflow for Avid Media Composer
- How to import AVCHD, MTS, MXF, MKV, etc. to HitFilm Ultimate for editing?
- Combine/Join raw 1080 60p/50p MTS for streaming to DLNA-compliant Players
- Lossless Merge and Edit Christmas Video Footages from Various Camcorders and burn to DVD on Mac