The Sony Cyber-shot W730 camera integrates a 16.1 megapixel 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor to produce high resolution imagery that is well-benefitted by the 8x optical zoom lens and Optical SteadyShot image stabilization. The combination of these technologies renders sharp, detailed imagery suitable for both printing and sharing online. The sensor also enables HD video recording up to 1280 x 720p format at 30fps.
Sony Cyber-shot W730 Video Format: MP4 (AVC/H.264)
Sony Cyber-shot W730 Video Mode: MP4:9M Fine (1,280×720/30fps) / 6M STD (1,280×720/30fps) / 3M VGA (640×480/30fps)
The Sony Cyber-shot W730 camera takes footage in H.264 MP4 format, which is not the best suited editing codec in iMovie 11. If you would like to work with the H.264 MP4 shootings in iMovie 11 smoothly, you will have to transcode H.264 MP4 clips from the Cyber-shot W730 to iMovie 11 preferred Apple InterMediate Codec. That’s where Pavtube Media Magician for Mac comes in. As a smart Sony camera assistant tool, this software offers format conversion & lossless rewrapping capability, as well as simple editing functionalities, such as joining/merging/combining camera clips, cutting/splitting camera shootings, adding 3D effects, adding special effects, etc. Here comes a guide to show you how to cut/Join Sony Cyber-shot W730 H.264 MP4 videos clips for iMovie 11 by using this software.
How to cut/Join Sony Cyber-shot W730 H.264 MP4 videos clips for iMovie 11?
Step 1: Free download Media Magician for Mac Trial Version, install and launch it
Notes: The free trial version of Pavtube Media Magician for Mac has the following limitations:
1. It will add Pavtube logo watermark in output file(s).
2. Lossless output has a file size limit of 5 minutes.
If the free trial version does what you want, you can click Buy Now button below to purchase its full version to bypass the above mentioned free trial limitations.
Step 2: Add Sony Cyber-shot W730 H.264 MP4 clips into Media Magician for Mac
There are two ways available to import source media files:
1) Import from camera/camcorder
Connect your camera with your Mac computer and run Pavtube Media Magician for Mac. This Sony camcorder companion tool will detect your camera automatically and ask “Camcorder is connected. Are you ready to launch wizard now?” Click “Yes” to confirm.
In the mean time, you are allowed to backup Sony footage directly from camera to local computer. Also, you can click the camera icon to load camcorder videos as well.
2) Import from local computer
If you already have stored H.264 MP4 clips shot by your Sony Cyber-shot W730 camera on your computer’s HDD, you can choose to “Import Media Files” or “Import Media Folder” to browse and load your source files from computer.
Step 3: Drag and drop MP4 shootings captured by a Sony w730 camera onto Timeline
After source MP4 clips are imported into the Media Magician for Mac program, you need to drag and drop the clips that you want to encode to Apple InterMediateCodec (AIC) onto timeline.
Step 4: Split/Cut/Reorder/Merge MP4 clips (Optional)
If you would like to cut off unwanted parts of your H.264 MP4 clips, rearrange them in your wanted order, or merge them into one file, you can use the control buttons on timeline to do this.
The control buttons on timeline help you locate frames accurately so that you can cut, trim, delete, and merge video clips in a much easier way.
Control buttons on Timeline
1. Time Display Controller: Move your mouse cursor on timeline, the opposite time point will be displayed here. Once you entered a time point into the time display box and click enter, the Preview Window and Timeline will switch to the frame of this time point. This helps to locate to the accurate frame that you want.
2. Zoom in and Zoom out: Drag the bar on top-right of timeline to Zoom in or out for better view.
3. Preview: Highlight a clip on timeline and click Play button, you can preview. Double click on a clip can also begin preview.
4. Trim: Put your cursor to the start or end point of a clip on timeline until it changes to trimmer. Drag the trimmer and you can trim off unwanted starting or ending.
5. Cut: Drag the pointer to the right place; Put your cursor to process bar under preview window and select the right frame; Click the Scissors button and you can cut the clip. And then you can rearrange order or delete.
6. Delete: Highlight the unwanted clip on timeline, and click Delete button. You can also delete it with right-click menu.
7. Rearrange order: Drag and hold a clip to the right place until the place line shows. Drop the clip and it will be placed right there.
8. Merge and join: All files placed on timeline will be output as one file. So if you want to merge and join several clips, just drag them to timeline in right order.
Plus, you can add 3D effects, special effects (e.g. Simple Gauss Blur, Flip Color, Invert, Aged Film, and Gray), or adjust volume, contrast, saturation, brightness of selected clips. You can also flip video horizontally, vertically, and rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise as you like.
Keep in mind that any editing effects (such as Effect, Audio, 3D) will be ignored when processing Lossless Output.
Step 5: Transcode/cut/join Sony W730 MP4 files to AIC for iMovie 11
Choose “Output” in the main interface, and click “Plus” icon to add conversion task before selecting output format. Then switch to “Editor” > “iMovie and Final Cut Express” and click “Start” to begin encoding Cyber-shot W730 MP4 to AIC MOV for iMovie 11.
This Sony camera companion software will specify a default folder to save the converted videos. If you’d like to change the output location (output path), please click to navigate to the folder you’d like to save videos to.
When conversion task finished, you can right click on the task list and check “Find Target” to get the exported AIC MOV files for editing use with iMovie 11.
In iMovie, choose File > Import > Movies…, and browse to where you saved the generated AIC files to. Choose the videos that you’d like to add for editing.
Additional Info – How to upload Sony W730 MP4 videos onto YouTube directly?
Choose “Output” in the main interface of Pavtube Media Magician for Mac, and click “Plus” icon to add conversion task before selecting output format. Then switch to “Online” window and enter your user name and password of your YouTube account. Click “Start” to begin exporting the output file onto YouTube directly.
Before uploading onto YouTube, you can add Title, Category, Keywords, and Description to your video or choose Privacy for it. You can also custom video parameters like video format, resolution and audio channels.
- How to import FLV files to iMovie for editing?
- Transcode TiVo shows to AIC for editing with iMovie and Final Cut Express
- Repack Canon XA25 AVCHD to AIC MOV: the best supported format for iMovie and FCE
- How to Convert QuickTime file to iMovie?
- How to Resize, Crop, and Rotate Videos in iMovie (iMovie 11)
- Canon Rebel T5i/EOS 700D Review: Import T5i MOV to iMovie/FCE on Mac