iMovie is a popular video edit software provided by Apple on Mac OS X. It helps you turn ordinary home videos into captivating Hollywood-style trailers that are fun to watch and share.
Native AVCHD file support is the first thing I expected for the new iMovie. However, though iMovie’11 claims to support AVCHD structure, it’s not so easy to do. Except the system requirement of Mac Osx 10.6.7 and Intel-based Core Duo processor or better, it’s not impossible to import the 1080 50/60P AVCHD recorded from Sony NEX-5N/NEX-7/A57/A65/A77 or many other AVCHD camcorders.
If you want to import the Sony 1080 50/60p AVCHD file to iMovie, the best solution is transcoding the Sony 1080 50/60P MTS file to AIC format with the help of Sony 1080 50/60P MTS to iMovie Converter. Below is a detail guide to help you convert your Sony NEX-5N/NEX-7/A57/A65/A77 1080 50/60P video to AIC format for editing in iMovie.
Before starting the guide pls first Free Download and install Pavtube MTS Converter for Mac. As a professional video converter, Pavtube MTS Converter for Mac is the best Sony AVCHD Converter for iMovie. ( Tips: If you also want to convert the HD videos that shot by other HD camcorders or DVs like JVC, Panasonic and Canon, you can try Pavtube HD Video Convert for Mac, it not only helps you convert Sony AVCHD MTS files but also helps you convert the MXF or MOV files that shot by Panasonic or Canon camcorders for editing in iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro, Avid, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
1. Run Pavtube MTS Converter for mac, click “add video” to import the Sony 1080 50/60P AVCHD files.
2. Click on the “Format” and get the dropdown menu, you will find iMovie compatible AIC format. Click ”Browse” you will be able to set an output path.
3. Click “Convert” to start converting your Sony NEX-5N/NEX-7/A57/A65/A77 1080 50/60P AVCHD with this professional Sony 1080 60p Video to iMovie Converter.
After fast conversion, click “open” to find the output file, then you can import your Sony 1080 50/60p AVCHD file into iMovie for editing easily. This software also supports convert Sony TX55 to iMovie, convert Sony TX66 to iMovie, convert Sony TX10 to iMovie, convert Sony TX20 to iMovie, convert Sony TX100V to iMovie, convert TX200 to iMovie, etc.
If you want to edit Sony 1080 50/60p AVCHD video in Final Cut Pro, you just need to choose the Apple ProRes format in the second step.
- Import Canon Rebel T4i (EOS 650D) MOV to iMovie for Editing – H.264 MOV to AIC Conversion
- Best Way to Import Nikon H.264 MOV to iMovie for Editing and Playing
- How to Convert QuickTime File to iMovie?
- Transcode TiVo Shows to AIC for Editing in iMovie and FCE
- Convert Sony AVCHD MTS/M2TS to AIC MOV for iMovie
- Repack Canon XA25 AVCHD to AIC MOV: the best supported format for iMovie and FCE