Canon camcorders are very excellent in the multimedia market, Canon has released so many camcorder product lines, Vixia series is one of the most successful products.
Canon Vixia camcorders include Vixia HF M300, HF M500, HF S10, HF S100, etc. Vixia camcorders recorded video format is AVCHD MTS, and this format is also used in Canon XA10 and other popular high-end camcorders. MTS format is not easy to use as it’s not well supported by many editing software, such as Windows Movie Maker, you may encounter many problems when you want to import Canon Vixia MTS to Windows Movie Maker, you could not import AVCHD files or these MTS files are not processed smoothly.
AVCHD MTS format is not good for Windows Movie Maker, what’s the best format for Windows Movie Maker? How to edit Canon Vixia MTS in Windows Movie Maker smoothly? The best way is to convert Canon Vixia MTS to WMV format for Windows Movie Maker, WMV format is best for use in Windows Movie Maker on Windows platform. Below is a guide for you, you can follow it to convert Canon Vixia MTS to Windows Movie Maker.
1. Download Pavtube Canon MTS Converter, install and run it. It’s an excellent Vixia MTS to Windows Movie Maker converter.
2. Import Canon recorded MTS files to the converter.
3. Click format bar to choose the format for output. You can click and choose HD Video -> WMV HD (*.wmv).
4. You can click settings button to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, choose them as you want.
5. Click convert button to start converting Vixia MTS to Windows Movie Maker.
With Canon Vixia MTS converter, you can convert Canon XA10 to Windows Movie Maker, convert Vixia HF M300 to Windows Movie Maker, convert Vixia HF M500 to Windows Movie Maker, convert Vixia HF S10 to Windows Movie Maker, convert Vixia HF S100 to Windows Movie Maker, etc. There’s another related article: Edit MTS with Windows Movie Maker, you can also follow it to see details.
To learn more conversion solutions for AVCHD MTS files shot by VIXIA cameras, or MVI/MOV files recorded by Canon PowerShot and EOS DSLR cameras, or Canon MXF clips captured by XF100, XF105, XF300, XF305, and Canon EOS C300, you are recommended to visit Pavtube’s Canon Camera File Transcode page.
- The Correct Way to Ingest and Import AVCHD to Final Cut Pro 7
- Burning AVCHD to DVD--how to convert and burn AVCHD(.mts) to playable DVD on Mac
- Ingest Sony HDR-550 AVCHD .MTS files in Final Cut Pro 7
- Import Panasonic DMC-ZS30 AVCHD MTS to FCP 6/7 without Log and Transfer
- Batch Manage Camcorder AVCHD MTS/M2TS Footage at One Time on Mac
- Sony FS700 1080 50p/60p AVCHD workflow for Avid Media Composer