The Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 is advertised mostly as a multimedia device. The best part about viewing videos on it is the Dolby stereo sound. Because of the high resolution(1920x1200), good color reproduction and fantastic sound, it’s safe to say that the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 is definitely the best portable video player on the tablet market today. Unfortunately, the stock video player doesn't play all types of media very well, so you will need to convert unsupported video files to a format that is compatible with Fire HD, such as h.264 MP4 encoded with aac audio codec.
If you have any problems when enjoying videos on Kindle Fire HD 7"/8.9", pls refer to
What content formats does Kindle Fire HD support?
From its product page, we can easily figure out that the Kindle Fire HD supports media contents in the following formats:
Kindle (AZW), KF8, TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible Enhanced format (AAX), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV, MP4, AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, HTML5, CSS3, MP4, 3GP, VP8(.webm)
As you can see, currently, the Kindle Fire HD only supports video files in format of MP4, 3GP and VP8 (.webm). If you have many MPG movies on your PC, and intend to transfer them to Fire HD for playback, what to do? In our experience, you can use the profile called “Amazon Kindle Fire HD H.264 (*.mp4)” within Pavtube Video Converter to convert MPG to a standard .mp4 file that the Kindle Fire HD would play. Here’s how-to.
How to convert MPG movies to MP4 for viewing on Kindle Fire HD 8.9?
1. Free download Pavtube Video Converter, install and launch it as a MPG Converter for Fire HD 8.9. When its main interface comes up, click “Add video” or “Add from folder” icon to load your movie files that with .mpg extension into the program.
2. Select output format for Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Pavtube Video Converter has a special video profile for the Kindle Fire HD. Soon after your source MPG files are imported into the program, you can move to “Format” menu and choose “Amazon Kindle Fire HD H.264 (*.mp4)” as target format from “Android” catalogue.
Note: If you can not find the “Amazon Kindle Fire HD H.264 (*.mp4)” profile in the current version of Pavtube Video Converter you are using, you can download a profile patch here.
3. Custom image and sound quality for Fire HD 8.9
You are allowed to click “Settings” button and enter “Profile Settings” panel to custom image and sound quality for the generated MP4 files by resetting video and audio parameters like resolution, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel.
The best settings for Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Video encoder: h.264; Audio encoder: aac
Resolution: 1920*1080 (1080p) or 1920*1200 (full screen)
Video bit rate: 1500~2500 (kbps); Audio bit rate: 128000 (bps)
Frame Rate: original; Audio Channels: Stereo
4. Transcode MPG to MP4 for Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Click “Convert” button to start converting MPG movies to MP4 format for playing with Kindle Fire HD 8.9. Once the conversion finished, you can click “Open” button to get the generated h.264 aac MP4 video. Now the movie files are ready to be transferred to your Kindle tablet.
More related articles
How to upload and play 1080p MKV movies on my Kindle Fire HD?
Are you able to download already existing AVI onto Kindle Fire HD?
How to transcode VOB files to watch them on Amazon Kindle Fire HD?
How can I play Flash video (FLV, F4V) on Kindle Fire HD?
- Play 1080p MKV, VOB, AVI, WMV, MP4, MTS, MOV, TiVo Videos on Novo 7
- How can I view HD videos in different formats on Nexus 10 with full screen?
- AVI to Kindle Fire Converter - How to Transport AVI/Divx Videos to Kindle Fire
- Play back AVI/MKV/MP4/WMV/MOV/M4V videos properly on Galaxy Tab
- Synchronizing Media Contents to Your Microsoft Surface
- DVD ISO/IFO to Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0 with subtitles