With the release of Surface RT and later Surface Pro, Microsoft takes away parts of consumers from Apple iPad. And if you are still considering which tablet you should choose on the market, I would say Surface RT/Pro because of below three aspects:
1. Windows 8 OS, same as desktop OS is applied to Microsoft Surface, so you are able to fully use Office tools as well as other software such as Adobe Photoshop.
2. The RT and Pro versions of Microsoft Surface both will ship with a MicroSD slot so you will get large memory storage for pictures, music and videos.
3. Microsoft equips Surface with a Touch Cover regarded as a keyboard with multi-touch trackpad, which saves people who have big trouble typing on a touchscreen with limit space.
Though MS Surface RT/Pro occupies with many spotlights, it has its own disadvantages same as other portable tablets that it does not allow flash FLV/F4V videos. Unless there is a video player like KMPlyer, VLC media player, Adobe Flash Player (more players available here) installed on Surface RT/Pro, you would be disappointed if you attempt to put all downloaded YouTube FLV and other flash videos on Surface RT/Pro.
How to make FLV/F4V/SWF videos available on Microsoft Surface RT/Pro will be a big problem. Here you need a powerful FLV/F4V Converter which is Pavtube Video Converter to handle those Flash videos. With the inner recoder and decoder, you don't have to install any other codec pacakge, just using this converter, all your Flash videos will tunr to MP4 for Microsoft Surface RT/Pro.
Enable Microsoft Surface RT/Pro Tablet to play Flash FLV/F4V videos
Step 1.Add Flash video file.
Click on the "Add video"icon, browser to video location and import your source Flash video.
Step 2.Choose optimized format for Microsoft Surface RT/Pro.
Since MS Surface RT/Pro has excellent support for MPEG-4, most typically comprised of H.264 video and AAC audio, you are suggested to follow "Format"> "Windows"and choose "Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4)"as the best video format for Surface RT/Pro.
When you'd like to customize video clips, such as adjusting file size, setting up video quality to get better video playback experience on Surface RT/Pro, click "Settings"button and you could adjust video codec, audio codec, display resolution, video bitrate, frame rate, etc.
If you intend to get rid of black bars at the top and bottom of source flash videos, enter "Edit" options to crop the unwanted area of the image.
Step 3.Start Flash FLV/F4V to MS Surface conversion.
Hit the "Convert" button to start converting FLV to Surface RT/Pro MP4. When it is complete, locate the created MP4 video, transfer and enjoy it on Surface RT/Pro on the go.
For new users how to transfer files into Microsoft Surface can be learned here.
For other users who prefer Android Tablet like Samsung and want to enjoy the Flash videos on it can go to this guide.
- Enable Surface RT & Pro Tablet to Play MKV/AVI/MPG/TiVo/VOB Files Effortlessly
- How can I Play Flash Video (FLV, F4V) on Kindle Fire HD?
- How to Play VOB on Kindle Fire without any Hassle ?
- Enable Microsoft Surface RT/Pro Tablet to Play Flash FLV/F4V Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Tab AVI – put and play AVI on Galaxy Tab
- Play 1080p MKV, VOB, AVI, WMV, MP4, MTS, MOV, TiVo Videos on Novo 7