Is the first tablet from HTC just an overgrown smartphone or a business user's dream? We think it could be the latter. HTC Flyer is light (weighs just 420g) and well-designed. We were impressed with the multimedia experience on HTC Flyer, and its wide support to video codecs and formats:
HTC Flyer supported video formats/file types
HTC Flyer supported file types
HTC Flyer Supported Audio formats
HTC Flyer Supported Video formats
HTC Flyer doesn’t play MKV, AVI, WMV, MP4, DVD videos, why is that?
When HTC Flyer refuses to play a video, it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Unsupported video format (e.g. *.mkv format)
- Unsupported codec (e.g. AC3)
- Huge file size (e.g. H.264 MP4 video of 10GB+)
- High resolution (e.g. 1080p video and above)
- Protections (e.g. iTunes videos)
In order to play all MKV, AVI, WMV, MP4, VOB, M2TS videos on HTC Flyer properly, you can convert videos for HTC Flyer with this HTC Flyer video converter (click to download a trial) before transferring videos to HTC Flyer.
Guide: convert video AVI, WMV, MP4, DVD, M2TS, MKV to HTC Flyer supported format
Step 1: Free download Video to HTC Flyer Converter, install and launch it.
Click “Add Video” to load video source. The HTC Flyer converter supports video formats and codec like H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Xvid, TS, AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MOV, TOD, M2TS, MTS, MOD, VOB, TiVo and some other codecs.
Step 2: Select a best format for converting video to HTC Flyer.
Click the pull down menu of "Format" to select output format. To get 720p video for HTC Flyer, you may choose “iPad>> iPad HD Video” format. To save storage, we recommend you to choose “Android > Motorola Droid X H.264 Video (*.mp4)” as output format for HTC Flyer. This format shrinks a 100min movie into less than 1GB and still keeps good quality and aspect ratio.
Step 3: Convert MKV, AVI, WMV, MP4, M2TS, VOB to HTC Flyer supported format
Click "Convert" button to start converting MKV, WMV, MP4, VOB, AVI videos to HTC Flyer. After conversion completes click the "Open" button to find the converted files. Now you’re ready to put videos to HTC Flyer for playback.
Tip 1: This HTC Flyer Converter allows users to personalize output video quality. To watch movies on HTC Flyer with full screen display, you can click “Settings” button and set video size at “1024*600”. To improve the conversion speed, just set smaller video bitrate.
- How can I Play Flash Video (FLV, F4V) on Kindle Fire HD?
- Connect Kindle Fire HD to Computer (Windows/Mac) for Files Transfer
- Enable Surface RT & Pro Tablet to Play MKV/AVI/MPG/TiVo/VOB Files Effortlessly
- How to Play VOB on Kindle Fire without any Hassle ?
- Enable Microsoft Surface RT/Pro Tablet to Play Flash FLV/F4V Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Tab AVI – put and play AVI on Galaxy Tab