The best part of Apple TV 3 is the ability to display movies with stunning Full HD 1080p quality. For booming audio effect, the crisp and vivid 1080p image should pair with 5.1 surround sound. The 6 channels audio gives Apple TV 3 better sound that you’d ever expect, so you can enjoy clearer dialogue, consistent volume levels, and superior audio. Other than purchasing 1080p HD movies and TV episodes from iTunes store, it’s great to convert your on-hand Blu-ray and DVD movies for watching on your HDTV via Apple TV 3rd generation. This should be amazing especially when you have a very expensive surround system and definitely want to watch Blu-ray and DVD movies in 5.1 surround sound.
Apple TV 3 itself can not play 5.1 audio directly, it needs the receiver in your surround system to decode the 5.1 audio into six channels and distribute them to six speakers. So really, the Apple TV 3 doesn't need to decode 5.1 audio, it only needs to hand the surround audio stream to a receiver than can decode those formats. In this article, we show you how to convert Blu-ray/DVD movies to iTunes 11 for streaming to Apple TV 3 with AC3 5.1 surround sound.
What you need?
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate - this is a one-stop software tool that combines a Blu-ray Converter, DVD Converter and Any Video Converter together into one package. It features great ability to transcode Blu-ray and DVD movies as well as different video files to your required format with pleasant image and sound quality.
How to convert BD/DVD to iTunes 11 for streaming to ATV 3 with AC3 5.1 surround sound?
1. Run Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate as the best Blu-ray/DVD to ATV 3 Converter. Once its main interface pops up, click “Load file(s)” button to import your source media. When the movie files are loaded, simply tick off the checkbox before the movie title you want to convert for watching with Apple TV 3 Gen.
2. Choose “Apple TV 3 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)” preset as output
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate has a number of presets for Apple TV, Apple TV 2, and Apple TV 3rd Generation. To export Apple TV 3 1080p video with ac3 5.1 passthrough for AV receiver decoding from Blu-ray sources, “Apple TV 3 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)” preset is highly recommended. You can also select “Apple TV 2/3 720P Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)” as target format to create 720p video with AC-3 5.1 surround sound if your source media is DVD video.
No matter you choose “Apple TV 3 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)” or “Apple TV 2/3 720P Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)” as output, an AC-3 encoded audio track will also be included for Apple TV 3 to Pass-through Dolby Digital 5.1 sound (also know as AC3 5.1), so that it will work in surround sound when Apple TV 3 is connected to audio receiver, and in stereo when Apple TV Gen 3 is connected with TV only.
By the way, if you wanna encode a Blu-ray DVD movie for a quality playback on both the Apple TV 3 and Apple iPad 3, the “Apple TV 3 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)”preset is also a recommended choice.
Step 3: Convert Blu-ray/DVD movie to Apple TV Gen 3
Click “Convert” button to transcode Blu-ray/DVD movies to iTunes 11 for streaming to Apple TV 3 with AC3 5.1 surround sound. When the converting task is done, you will get a 1080p/720p M4V video for ATV 3 with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through by clicking “Open” button. Continue reading how to set up Apple TV for streaming HD videos with Dolby Digital 5.1 sounds?
- Guide for Pavtube Video to Apple TV Converter
- How to convert videos for Apple TV?
- Apple TV 3 Review – Brand New Design and Supports 1080p Video
- Convert Blu-ray/DVD movies to iTunes 11 for streaming to Apple TV 3 with AC3 5.1 surround sound
- How to set up Apple TV for streaming HD videos with Dolby Digital 5.1 sounds?
- Convert blu-ray and DVD movie to iPad, Apple TV, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4