The Video Files category includes a wide range of video formats, which use different codecs to encode and compress video data. The common video files extensions include .WMV, .MOV, .MPG, RM, etc. Because of format issues, almost all multimedia devices do support a limited range of file types, and the new Apple TV 3 is without exception. In order to stream M2TS/TiVO to ATV 3 for playback, you should firstly convert tivo/m2ts to ATV 3 supported files types listed as below:
Apple TV 3rd Generation supported Video Format
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Now that the new Apple TV 3 Gen has added support for 1080p movie, it’s necessary to figure out the best video settings for Apple TV 3 video conversions. With Pavtube Apple TV 3 Video Converter, you can easily convert tivo/m2ts/vob videos to play on ATV 3 with 1080p quality.
Read a step-by-step guide on how to convert HD TiVo/M2TS to Apple TV 3 1080p MP4 movie by using Pavtube Apple TV 3 Converter.
Step 1: Launch Pavtube Apple TV 3 Video Converter, click “Add Video” button to load the TiVo and M2TS files you want to convert.
When you adding TiVo files into the program for the first time, a popup window will ask you to enter Media Access Key of your TiVo DVR, do as it required, after that, the TiVo recordings will be loading successfully.
Step 2: Select “Apple TV H.264 1920x1080(*.mp4)” as output format
Pavtube Apple TV 3 Converter offers optimized 1080p preset for the new Apple TV 3rd Generation. All you need do is selecting “Apple TV H.264 1920x1080(*.mp4)” as output format, and leave the rest to the program.
Best settings for output 1080p video for Apple TV 3rd Gen:
Format: Apple TV H.264 1920x1080 (*.mp4)
An AC-3 encoded audio track will also be included for Apple TV to pass-through Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, so that it will work in surround sound when Apple TV is connected to audio receiver, and also in stereo when Apple TV is connected with TV only. If there are no AC3 5.1 sound in your source file, Pavtube Apple TV 3 Video Converter will create a 5.1 sound for you, but you can not expect the quality is as good as the real Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.
Step 3: Convert TiVo/M2TS to ATV 3 1080p MP4
Click “Convert” button to start converting HD TiVo files to Apple TV 3 HD 1080p MP4 video. Once the conversion is done, simply click “Open” button to get the converted 1080p video for ATV 3 playback.
- Guide for Pavtube Video to Apple TV Converter
- How to convert videos for Apple TV?
- Apple TV 3 Review – Brand New Design and Supports 1080p Video
- Convert Blu-ray/DVD movies to iTunes 11 for streaming to Apple TV 3 with AC3 5.1 surround sound
- How to set up Apple TV for streaming HD videos with Dolby Digital 5.1 sounds?
- Convert blu-ray and DVD movie to iPad, Apple TV, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4