Sony A77 is the world's fastest DSLR. By harnessing the power of Sony's Translucent Mirror Technology, you can shoot up to 12 fps at full 24.3-megapixel resolution with continuous auto focus.
The Sony A77 camera can help you record vivid HD movies, it’s also an excellent recorder. But, Sony A77 recorded files are in AVCHD format, this format is often used in Sony high-end cameras or camcorders. AVCHD format is not supported by many editing software, such as FCP X. so if you want to edit Sony A77 files in Final Cut Pro X, you need to convert first.
FCP X best supported video format is Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, so if you convert Sony A77 AVCHD to ProRes 422 MOV format, you can edit Sony A77 footages in FCP X smoothly without rendering, below is a guide for you to transcode A77 AVCHD to FCP X ProRes.
Step 1. Download Pavtube MTS/M2TS Video Converter for Mac.
Install and run Pavtube Video Converter for Mac as the best Sony AVCHD to FCP X Converter, and click the “Add” button to load Sony A77 AVCHD videos.
Step 2. Select “Apple ProRes 422” as output video format compatible with FCP X.
Click the drop-down list in the Format line to get the format box. Then choose the Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) for full HD 1080p AVCHD files.
Step 3. Adjust the output video's parameters as you want.
Click the Setting button after the Format to get the Profile Settings. Change the Size to 1920×1080, the Bitrate to original, and the Codec after Audio to AAC for getting the perfect effects.
Step 4. Convert Sony A77 MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes for FCP X editing on Mac OS X Lion.
Click the “Convert” button to start Convert Sony A77 MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes 422. With this Sony A77 AVCHD to ProRes Converter, you can edit Sony A77 video in FCP X smoothly.
- Batch Manage Camcorder AVCHD MTS/M2TS Footage at One Time on Mac
- Sony FS700 1080 50p/60p AVCHD workflow for Avid Media Composer
- How to import AVCHD, MTS, MXF, MKV, etc. to HitFilm Ultimate for editing?
- Combine/Join raw 1080 60p/50p MTS for streaming to DLNA-compliant Players
- Lossless Merge and Edit Christmas Video Footages from Various Camcorders and burn to DVD on Mac
- Media Magician for Mac Review: A useful Camcorder Companion tool for Mac users