Canon cameras are excellent in the market, the new EOS M camera is Canon's first mirrorless EOS camera. Combining the imaging quality of a DSLR with the convenience of a point and shoot, it features an 18MP APS-C sensor, a DIGIC 5 image processor, and a 3.0" 1,040k-dot touch-screen LCD.
Featuring the ability to record full HD movies in 1080p, the EOS M can record well-rendered video in great detail to an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. When recording you have the option to choose from a variety of resolutions and frame rates, including 1920 x 1080 at 30, 25, or 24fps.
After recording, you may like to import Canon EOS-M recorded H.264 MOV video to iMovie on Mac Mountain Lion for editing, as we know, H.264 codec is not well supported by iMovie on Mac, you will not edit the H.264 MOV videos smoothly due to the codec, and importing problems may occurred on Mac Mountain Lion 10.8.
What codec is best for Canon EOS-M H.264 MOV video to convert when editing in iMovie?
iMovie best supported video codec is Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC), so it’s a great choice to transcodec Canon EOS-M h.264 MOV to iMovie with AIC codec, please follow the easy steps below to transcode H.264 MOV to AIC for iMovie on Mac Mountain Lion 10.8.
Software you need: Pavtube HD video converter for Mac
1. Download and install this Canon EOS-M MOV to iMovie AIC converter, it’s an excellent Canon EOS-M video converter which can help you convert Canon video to iMovie, fcp, etc.
2. Install and launch this Canon EOS M H.264 video to iMovie converter. Import the videos you want to convert.
3. Click format bar to choose the best output format, you are recommended to choose iMovie -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov).
4. You can click settings button to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, frame rate, etc.
5. Click convert button to convert Canon EOS M camera recorded footages to iMovie on Mountain Lion with this best Canon EOS-M Video Converter.
You can convert Canon EOS-M recorded MOV videos to iMovie in few steps with this Canon video to iMovie converter, video and audio synchronization is best guaranteed, and you can get high quality video & audio.
- Upload camera video clips from Aperture to SmugMug on Mac
- Import Canon/Nikon/Sony/Panasonic/Pentax/Olympus/Fujifilm SLR camera video to FCP X on Mac
- Import Olympus E-M5 to FCE, iMovie by converting to Apple InterMediate Codec
- Transcode/convert Nikon D3200 H.264 MOV files to MP4
- Nikon S800C video converter-Convert S800C MOV videos on windows and Mac Mountain Lion
- Pentax K-30 Video Converter-K30 H.264 MOV to Final Cut Pro 7/X on Mountain Lion