If you like shooting videos, you may have used cameras or camcorders. Some guys also bought high-end camcorders to record high quality videos, like Sony XDCAM camcorder.
Sony XDCAM series camcorders are excellent camcorders used by many professional users. XDCAM is a series of products for digital recording using random access solid-state memory media. It’s great to use Sony XDCAM camcorder to record videos with vivid image.
If you have got a Sony camcorder and often use it to recorded beautiful landscape and important events, you will know that Sony XDCAM recorded files are in .MXF format, this format is not easy to use due to it’s not compatible with so many devices and editing software.
But don’t worry, Pavtube has added profiles for Sony XDCAM camcorders for professional use, including XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, and XDCAM HD422 profiles. Besides these profiles, you can choose Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) for iMovie and Apple ProRes 422 codec for FCP.
Below is a brief guide for you to convert Sony XDCAM MXF/MP4 files to iMovie AIC format for editing, just follow it you can solve your Sony XDCAM importing and editing problems.
As we know, iMovie doesn’t support import MXF directly, and some Sony XDCAM camcorders recorded MP4 format is not good for editing. You need to convert Sony XDCAM video to Apple Intermediate Code (AIC), this is the best format for editing in iMovie, please follow the steps below to transcode Sony XDCAM files to AIC for iMovie.
1. Download Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. It’s professional converter which can help you convert Sony XDCAM MXF/MP4 files to any formats you want, such as AIC, MOV, MKV, AVI, etc.
2. Install and launch this best Sony XDCAM to iMovie converter.
3. Click format column to choose format for output. You are recommended to choose iMovie -> Apple Intermediate Codec (*.mov), it’s best to use in iMovie on Mac.
4. Click settings button to adjust output parameters as you want, such as resolution and bitrate, you can keep it as original.
5. Edit function is available in this Sony XDCAM MXF/MP4 files to AIC converter, you can trim, crop, adjust effect or add watermark to the video before conversion.
6. Click convert button to start.
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac can convert Sony XDCAM recorded files to iMovie with AIC codec in a fast speed, and you can import the converted videos to imovie without rendering, video and audio synchronization are perfectly guaranteed. After conversion, you can import Sony XDCAM files to iMovie for editing as you want.
If you want to import Sony XDCAM files to FCP for editing, you can follow the Sony XDCAM to FCP guide. For more information, you can refer to Pavtube MXF column, there are more solutions for your MXF files.
- Convert MXF video into Apple ProRes 422 codec for editing
- How to convert Panasonic P2 card MXF file on Mac OS
- How to convert P2 MXF files to AVI format?
- Convert Panasonic P2 footage for importing to Davinci Resolve
- Down scale Panasonic AJ-HPX3700 P2 MXF files to MPEG format
- Canon XF300 MXF Converter for Mac-Convert MXF to Prores for FCP