Canon's EOS 5D Mark III is a hot item in the camera world. It's the successor to the vaunted 5D Mark II, which ignited the video SLR revolution, but with better autofocus, shooting speed, and low-light performance.
Canon 5D3 is one of the hottest DSLR this year, it’s the main competitor to Nikon D800, 5D3 not only gives us high quality images, but also give us vivid full HD videos. Canon’s HD recording technology is excellent, so it’s great for us to use 5D Mark III to record HD videos.
But, when you want to import 5D Mark III MOV files to iMovie for editing on Mac, you will encounter many problems. As we know, 5D Mark III recorded videos in MOV format, this format is not compatible well with iMovie. The best video format for iMovie is Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) MOV format, so if you want to edit 5D3 MOV video in iMovie smoothly, you’d better convert 5D3 MOV to AIC MOV for iMovie, you can follow the steps below to transcode 5D3 to iMovie.
1. Download and install Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, this software can help you convert 5D Mark III MOV to AIC for iMovie, more output formats are also supported, such as AVI/WMV/ProRes.
2. Import 5D3 recorded videos to this best AIC Converter for iMovie.
3. Click and choose the best output format. For editing 5D3 MOV video in iMovie, you are recommended to choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov), it’s the best format for iMovie and FCE.
4. You can click Settings button to adjust output parameters as you want, such as resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc.
5. Edit function is useful and convenient; you can do easy editing to the 5D3 MOV video.
6. Click convert button to start.
Canon 5D Mark III MOV to AIC iMovie converter will help you convert footages to Apple InterMediate Codec MOV format easily, and then you can import and edit 5D3 video in iMovie smoothly without rendering.
- Import Nikon D7100 1080p MOV to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X without rendering on Mac OS X
- Upload camera video clips from Aperture to SmugMug on Mac
- Import Canon/Nikon/Sony/Panasonic/Pentax/Olympus/Fujifilm SLR camera video to FCP X on Mac
- Import Olympus E-M5 to FCE, iMovie by converting to Apple InterMediate Codec
- Transcode/convert Nikon D3200 H.264 MOV files to MP4
- Nikon S800C video converter-Convert S800C MOV videos on windows and Mac Mountain Lion