Nikon cameras are very excellent in the market, as the biggest competitor to canon, Nikon released a series of striking DSLRs, such as Nikon D800, D4, D3S, D90, D7000, D300S, etc. If you are a photo fan, you may be familiar with Nikon and canon products, it’s wonderful to take a DSLR to take photos and record HD videos when you travel or commute.
Many Nikon users use Nikon DSLR to record high-definition footages, but many of them have problems when they want to import Nikon H.264 MOV to FCP 7 for editing, Nikon MOV video can’t be handled smoothly by the FCP software on Mac. What’s the reason? It’s the codec problem.
Apple Final Cut Pro best codec is Apple ProRes, but Nikon recorded video is H.264 codec, so users can’t edit Nikon MOV in FCP smoothly, the software will render frame by frame.
How to import Nikon MOV to FCP 7 for editing smoothly without rendering? The best way is to transcode Nikon h.264 MOV to Apple ProRes codec MOV format, and then you can edit it smoothly. Pavtube Nikon Video Converter will help you convert Nikon MOV to Final Cut Pro easily with Apple ProRes codec. Below is a guide for you, you can follow it.
1. Download and install Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. This converter can help you transcode Nikon H.264 video to FCP 7, iMovie, FCE, etc.
2. Launch this Nikon H.264 MOV converter, import the Nikon DSLR recorded MOV footages to the software.
3. Click format bar to choose the format for output. For editing Nikon MOV in FCP on Mac, you can choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), it’s best for FCP editing.
4. You can click settings button in the main interface to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, frame rate, etc, customize the parameters as you want.
5. Pavtube Nikon Video Converter for FCP 7 have some edit features, such as trim, crop, add watermark, adjust effect, etc. you can use the edit function as you need.
6. Click convert button to start.
This Nikon video converter can convert H.264 MOV videos for FCP with good quality, what’s more, it supports nearly all Nikon cameras, such as convert Nikon D800 MOV to FCP 7, convert Nikon D4 to FCP 7, convert Nikon D3S to FCP 7, convert Nikon D90/D7000/D300S to FCP 7, etc. just download the Nikon H.264 MOV Converter and have a try.
- How to transfer P2 MXF to QuickTime MOV format for storage?
- Convert Nikon S800c MOV on windows and Mac Mavericks 10.9
- How to convert Nikon D7000 MOV shootings to AVI/WMV video for editing?
- Posting to YouTube and Vimeo from Final Cut Pro
- Import Nikon D7100 1080p MOV to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X without rendering on Mac OS X
- Upload camera video clips from Aperture to SmugMug on Mac