Is it possible to play DVD ISO/IFO file on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0?
I have a number of DVD ISO and IFO files stored on my NAS server. Now I have a new purchased Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 on hand. I am wondering if I can put these ISO/IFO file to my Samsung tablet for viewing. Does 3rd Generation Galaxy Tab 10.1 or 8.1 (I am planning to buy an 8.1 version for my little son) play DVD ISO/IFO file?
Both the 10.1-inch and 8-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 own a beautiful and big HD screen that is great for watching movies wherever you go. The Samsung’s Jelly Bean tablets support a relatively wide range of video codecs, including MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV, and DivX. Unfortunately, DVD ISO and IFO files are out of the supported video list. If you intend to view DVD ISO or IFO file on your Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 or 8.0, you have to transcode/convert DVD ISO/IFO to your gadget supported video formats like MP4 in advance. Here is how:
How to Convert DVD ISO/IFO file to MP4 for Galaxy Tab 3 with desired subtitles?
1. Download and install Pavtube ByteCopy software.
Pavtube ByteCopy can do whatever that a Blu-ray ripping app and a DVD Ripper should do. It features powerful ability to handle commercial Blu-rays, purchased DVD movies, BDMV folder, VIDEO_TS folder, Blu-ray ISO image, as well as DVD IFO/ISO file, making these media playable on most popular devices, such as Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPhone 5, Nexus 7 2nd Generation, and more.
2. Start up Pavtube ByteCopy, follow “Load file(s)” > “Load IFO/ISO” to import your DVD ISO/IFO materials.
Once the DVD ISO/IFO file is loaded, you can check the file, and double click on it to have a preview in the window right side.
3. If there are multiple subtitles tracks in your DVD ISO/IFO file, you can press the pull down menu after “Subtitles” to select your wanted subs track to be burnt into the output file. This function is also available in Pavtube DVD Ripper software.
4. Pavtube ByteCopy comes with optimized format preset for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 slate. Firstly, navigate to Format bar, and then choose “Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Video (*.mp4)” as target format from “Samsung” catalogue.
Tips: You can click “Settings” button to customize video and audio settings like video codec, resolution, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, sample rate, audio channel, etc. In general, the output file size and image quality are closely associated with video bit rate, in other words, the higher video bit rate, the higher image quality accompanying with bigger file size. Practically speaking, the default settings are proper for watching videos on both Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and 8.0.
5. When ready, click “Convert” button to start ripping DVD ISO/IFO to MP4 for watching either with Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 or Galaxy Tab 3 8.0.
6. Once the conversion finished, click “Open” button to get the converted MP4 files and transfer them to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablet for playback.
To transfer Files to the Samsung Galaxy Tab from Your PC
1. Connect the Galaxy Tab to the computer, using the USB cable.
2. From the AutoPlay dialog box, choose the option Open Folder/Device to View Files.
3. Locate the files you want to copy to the Galaxy Tab.
4. Drag the File icon from its folder on your computer to the Galaxy Tab window.
5. Close the folder windows and disconnect the USB cable when you’re done.
- Enable Surface RT & Pro Tablet to Play MKV/AVI/MPG/TiVo/VOB Files Effortlessly
- How can I Play Flash Video (FLV, F4V) on Kindle Fire HD?
- How to Play VOB on Kindle Fire without any Hassle ?
- Enable Microsoft Surface RT/Pro Tablet to Play Flash FLV/F4V Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Tab AVI – put and play AVI on Galaxy Tab
- Play 1080p MKV, VOB, AVI, WMV, MP4, MTS, MOV, TiVo Videos on Novo 7