For the last couple of years, Panasonic's top-end camcorders have garnered a number of top accolades, including Best Camcorder for the HDC-TM900 in 2011 annual awards. So we were very keen to get our hands on a new premium Panasonic, particularly as this generation has been marked by a switch in the model naming system.
Panasonic X900/X900M equipped with the 3MOS System Pro, which achieves a dramatic improvement in performance with a totally re-engineered lens, sensor, and engine. This allows the new system to produce Full-HD images with breathtaking color, detail and gradation. 3MOS System Pro is a next-generation imaging system that exhibits outstanding effects even under dim lighting, and produces bright, beautiful images with minimum noise.
You may have use X900/X900M camcorder and recorded many 3D AVCHD footages, after recording, you may want to import Panasonic X900/X900M 3D AVCHD to editing software on Mac, such as Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Express, iMovie, etc. but, as we know, AVCHD is not the best format for use on Mac, users will encounter many problems when they try to import X900/X900M 3D MTS to Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Express and iMovie, because the AVCHD format/codec is not friendly to Mac application, the best format is MOV.
The best method to solve these problems is to convert Panasonic X900/X900M AVCHD footage to Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Express, iMovie best supported video format and codec. APPLE prores and AIC codec is the best for FCP, FCE and iMovie. Now you can follow the steps below to transcode Panasonic X900/X900M MTS/M2TS to FCP/FCP X/FCE/iMovie best codec with Pavtube MTS converter for Mac.
1. Download Pavtube 3D AVCHD to Mac converter. This professional HD Video Converter can help you convert Panasonic X900/X900M AVCHD files to ProRes or AIC codec for editing software on Mac, more output formats are also supported.
2. Install and launch this Panasonic X900/X900M 3D AVCHD Converter. Import Panasonic X900/X900M footage to the converter.
3. Click format bar to choose the output format. For editing in FCP, FCP X, you can click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov); for editing in FCE, iMovie, you can choose iMovie/Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov).
Apple ProRes profile
4. You can click “settings” to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want.
5. Click convert button to start.
With this Panasonic X900/X900M AVCHD to Mac Mountain Lion converter, you can easily convert X900/X900M 3D AVCHD files to Mac editing software for editing, this software runs fast, so you can convert your X900/X900M footages in less time, video and audio synchronization are perfectly guaranteed. You can also find more tips and tricks in MTS column and FCP column.
You can also click here to know how to play 3D AVCHD files in player.
- Batch Manage Camcorder AVCHD MTS/M2TS Footage at One Time on Mac
- Sony FS700 1080 50p/60p AVCHD workflow for Avid Media Composer
- How to import AVCHD, MTS, MXF, MKV, etc. to HitFilm Ultimate for editing?
- Combine/Join raw 1080 60p/50p MTS for streaming to DLNA-compliant Players
- Lossless Merge and Edit Christmas Video Footages from Various Camcorders and burn to DVD on Mac
- Media Magician for Mac Review: A useful Camcorder Companion tool for Mac users