Yesterday I finally got the 7.6’ Blackberry Z10 on hand, and the first thing I did was connecting it to PC to transfer videos to Z10. It took quite a while to boot up BB Z10, I must say. But I do appreciate that RIM make it so easy for users to transfer files to Z10, you simply connect BB Z10 with PC via USB connection and follow the popup message to install the BlackBerry Link.
BlackBerry Link supports BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 10 OS and BlackBerry Z10 tablets running BlackBerry Z10 OS 2.1.
You can use BlackBerry Link on a computer to:
1. Sync music, pictures, videos, and documents between your BlackBerry Z10 and your computer over USB or Wi-Fi connections.
2. Back up and restore your device data.
3. Transfer supported settings and data to your new device.
4. Manage multiple devices that use the same or a different BlackBerry ID.
5. Update or reinstall your device software.
How to transfer music and videos to my Blackberry Z10?
Connect the BlackBerry Z10 to the computer via USB cable. If BlackBerry Link is not yet installed, the BlackBerry Z10 will display a screen entitled Installing Drivers.
1. To get started, run Blackberry Link and type a display name for your computer.
2. Set up the media and document libraries on your computer. Select the folders and libraries that you want to share with your Blackberry Z10 smartphone. Press Next to read quick tips of transferring files to BB devices.
3. Press Finish.
4. Both your computer and the BlackBerry Z10 have a tab at the bottom. You can switch between different tabs to view media and documents.
5. Switch to computer tab. This view displays the music, pictures, videos, and documents on your computer. Select collections or individual items from your computer you want to sync and drag them to the BlackBerry Z10 tab. You can also manually import stuff from your device by dragging it to the computer tab.
When a video or audio does not sync or display on Blackberry Z10, it could be due to:
- Unsupported video format (e.g. *.vob format)
- Unsupported codec (e.g. AC3)
- Huge file size (e.g. H.264 MP4 video of 10GB+)
- High resolution (e.g. 1080p video and above)
- Protections (e.g. iTunes videos)
In order to play all MKV, AVI, WMV, MP4, VOB, M2TS videos on Blackberry Z10 properly, you can convert videos for Blackberry Z10 with this Blackberry Z10 video converter before transferring videos to Blackberry Z10. To deal with iTunes movie purchases, you need a DRM Video Converter.
- Convert GoPro Hero4 4K Videos to MKV/AVI/MOV/MPG/MP4/SWF/ASF on Windows 10/8.1/8
- Upload GoPro Hero4 4K Videos to YouTube/Vimeo on Windows/Mac
- Transcode/Compress Winter Swimming Videos Celebrating the Russian Epiphany
- Transfer/Move/Stream MKV, AVI, VOB, Tivo, MPG, FLV, WMV to Nokia Lumia 2520
- Transfer Music, Photo, Video files to Nokia Lumia 2520
- Desktop vs Online MP4 Converter