Sony has announced the NEX_FS700 pro-grade 4k-capable E-mount camcorder. The camera will initially offer 1080p video, switchable between 50Hz and 60Hz frame rates (including 60p, 50p, 60i and 24p). A later upgrade will enable 4k capture and Raw output from its built-in 3G-SDI connector. The camera is also able to capture slow-motion footage, shooting at up to 960 fps at reduced resolution (240fps in Full HD). It also offers built-in 2- and 4-stop ND filters (which can be combined), to allow lenses to be used at wide apertures in bright light.
You may have got the Sony FS700 and recorded many high-definition videos when you travel, after you back home, you may want to make your own videos and share with your family and friends. It’s a good choice to edit the video before sharing.
You may like to import these projects to Avid media composer for editing. But you will encounter importing problems as the Avid can’t import Sony FS700 recorded 1080 50/60P AVCHD video, the frame rate is so high and the codec is not friendly to AMC for editing, on Avid official website, it recommends DNxHD or XDCAM codec for editing, and DNxHD codec is the first choice.
In order to edit your Sony FS700 MTS in Avid smoothly, you should transcode MTS format to DNXHD codec, which is best supported by Avid.
Pavtube MTS converter for Mac is the tool that can deal nearly all kinds of MTS videos, it can convert Sony FS700 MTS files natively for Avid Media Composer 5.5 on Mac, that is to convert FS700 MTS video to DNXHD codec MOV format, and then you can edit Sony FS700 MTS files natively in Avid MC 5/5.5/6 with this 1080P 50/60p workflow to Avid. Just take a look at the brief guide below.
1. Download Pavtube MTS Converter for Mac, follow the prompts to install the program. Click “Add” to load Sony FS700 MTS video files or directly drag the files into file list.
2. And then click “Format” bar to choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNXHD (*.mov), this format is best presetted for Avid Media Composer editing.
3. “Settings” button in the main interface is very useful for you to customize the Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
4. After these, you can click “Convert” to start to convert Sony FS700 to Avid Media Composer DNXHD codec for native editing.
You can also try iMedia converter, this product is an all in one software which can handle MTS, common video, DVD and Blu-ray videos, which is more powerful. You can also want to read Sony MTS to FCP, MTS to iMovie guide may also help you editing videos on Mac Mountain 10.8
- Convert/Deinterlace Panasonic G3 AVCHD 1080P MTS to FCP (X) on Mac
- Convert 1080p MTS Videos to Windows Movie Maker
- Convert Panasonic HC-X900, HC-X900M AVCHD 3D MTS on Mountain Lion
- How to convert MTS/M2TS to VOB for DVD authoring/burning?
- Canon Vixia MTS to Windows Movie Maker Converter
- How to convert MTS to MPEG-4 MP4 and H.264 MP4 formats?