Apple announced the new Apple TV 3 not long ago, physically the device looks the same as the old version, but that’s where most of the similarities end. The new Apple TV is more powerful, and boasts 1080p output, and includes a completely redesigned UI with iCloud integration.
The new Apple TV with 1080p HD gives you access to the best content - blockbuster movies, TV shows, sports, your music and photos, and more.
If you are a movie fan you must have collected many movies in different format, such as MKV. But, Apple TV 3 doesn’t support MKV format, if you want to enjoy MKV format movies on Apple TV 3, you need to convert MKV movie to ATV 3, below is a guide for you, hope it can help you stream MKV to Apple TV 3 gen.
1. Download Pavtube Video Converter, if you want to convert MKV movie to ATV 3 on Mac, please download Pavtube Video Converter for Mac. This software can convert MKV movie files to ATV 3 with ac3 5.1 sound.
2. Install this software and import the MKV movies to the Pavtube converter.
3. Click format bar to choose the format for output, you are recommended to choose Apple TV -> Apple TV 3 Dolby Digital Pass-through(*.m4v). This format is prefect for playback on Apple TV.
4. You can click “settings” button to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, etc. you can choose AC3 5.1 audio for output, just click audio channels and choose 5.1 channels, the Apple TV 3 5.1 pass through can help you enjoy better sound. So if you need better enjoyment you are recommended to convert MKV movie files to ATV 3 with ac3 5.1 sound.
5. Click convert button to start. You can convert MKV movies to ATV 3, besides you can encode 1080p MKV to 1080p M4V for ATV 3, etc.
With Pavtube MKV to Apple TV 3 converter, you can stream MKV to Apple TV 3 gen easily, so just follow the guide above and convert MKV movies to ATV 3 for watching as you want.