Movie fans who own a huge number of Blu-ray collections, have you ever concerned about the damage of daily Blu-ray Disc playback? Have you considered of backing up your Blu-ray Disc for preparations or convenient playback in the future? And about the format to lossless backup Blu-ray Disc, MKV is a container file format in which there can be many audio, video and subtitles streams, allowing the user to store a complete movie in a single file with same video quality and chapter info preserved. This article tells you exactly how to lossless backup Blu-ray Disc to MKV on Mac(Mavericks and Mountain Lion included).
How to backup Blu-ray to MKV format with original video quality on Mac?
Step 1. Load Blu-ray Disc.
After a successfully installation of Pavtube ByteCopy to your Mac, run the application and click “Load Disc” icon to import your Blu-ray Disc from Disc driver.
(Tips: If you are windows users, the guide Blu-ray to MKV backup can help you.)
Step 2. Choose optimized profile for Lossless Blu-ray to MKV backup.
From “Format” drop-down list, you are recommended to select “Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV” for Lossless backup. Leave all profile presets by default and you would get original video quality, same video and audio streams uncoded, plus you can remove unwanted audio and subtitle tracks in profile settings.
Step 3. Get lossless Blu-ray to MKV backup started.
After the above settings complete, click “Convert” button to start Blu-ray to MKV lossless backup on Mac. After about 30 minutes, you would get a complete MKV movie without quality loss saved in output file path. Locate the created MKV file and you are able to enjoy this movie on your Mac using VLC Media Player, or QuickTime player.
More features in Pavtube ByteCopy:
1. Full disc copy BD/DVD Disc to BDMV/VIDEO_TS folder with same file structure preserved.
2. Directly Copy BD main movie to a whole complete .M2TS file without extras or commentary.
3. Convert/rip BD/DVD for HD media player, such as WD TV Live, Popcorn Hour A-400…
4. Convert BD/DVD movies to encoded .MP4/.MOV with multiple audio tracks.
5. Edit movie content with trimming, cropping, splitting, merging into one file, adding watermarks, attaching external subtitle files, and more.
- How to make full copy of blu-ray disc in fastest and easiest way?
- The best Blu-ray backup method: Blu-ray to M2TS or Blu-ray to MKV?
- Complete lossless Blu-ray to MKV backup in 2 steps
- How to Make a DVD Photo Slideshow with Transitions and Music on Mac
- How to copy Blu-ray movies to Synology DS411slim NAS Server
- Keep both English and French audio tracks for ripping Blu-ray to MKV