Symptom - I run an Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display on Mac OS X 10.8.2. I had taken videos with my Canon VIXIA HFS10 High Definition Video Camera. I need to convert these Canon AVCHD videos into MP4 so that I can watch them on my new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Please help.
Solution - If you want to convert the Canon AVCHD to MP4 format, you will need a Mac Canon Video to MP4 Converter to help you out. Notice that on Mac 10.8.2, the AVCHD folder has been showed as a jpg file not a package. Some of you may find many converters will not read that AVCHD file. Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is a piece of software that can read this file successfully on Mac 10.8. Hope it helps.
Symptom - I am trying to convert MOV files from a Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera to workable format with Galaxy Note 10.1. What’s the best format you recommend to keep the high quality? I am working on a MacBook Pro OS X Lion 10.7.4 and have plenty of space on the hard drive.
Solution - To play MOV footage taken by Canon 5D Mark II on Samsung Note 10.1, you can try out Pavtube Video Converter for Mac, which can convert Canon MOV videos to Note 10.1 with good quality in several clicks. The h.264 MP4 format is recommended by many users.
Indeed, Pavtube video converter for Mac can handle video recordings shot by almost all Canon cameras/camcorders, such as Vixia HF200, Vixia HF M300, Vixia HF100, PowerShot G10, EOS 5D Mark II, Canon Rebel T4i (EOS 650D), XF100, XF300, and more. Below is a step by step guide on how to transcode Canon MTS/MOV/MXF videos to MP4 for viewing on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using Pavtube Video Converter for Mac.
First off, launch the Pavtube Video Converter for Mac as a Mac Canon Video to MP4 Converter, and then follow the steps below to encode Canon MTS/MOV/MXF shootings to Galaxy Note 10.1 viewable MP4 format.
1. Click “Add video” tab to import your Canon source materials to the program.
2. Choose “Samsung Galaxy Note (*.mp4)” as output format under Samsung catalogue.
3. Click “Settings” button to custom file quality on “Profile Settings” panel.
Optimized video settings for Galaxy Note 10.1 (Learn to customize a suitable profile for your portable devices with Pavtube Mac software)
Size (pix): 1280*800
Bitrate (kbps): 1500
Frame Rate (fps): original
Sample Rate (hz): 44100
Tips: If you don’t mind the output file size and wanna get a much better image quality, you can adjust the video bit rate higher than 1500.
4. Click “Convert” button to start rewrapping Canon camera videos to Galaxy Note 10.1 preferred MP4 format. When finished, simply click the “Open” button to get the exported MP4 files for playing with your Note 10.1 tablet. (Learn to transfer video files from PC to Samsung devices with Kies)
- DVD ISO/IFO to Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0 with subtitles
- DVD to Nexus 7 2013 - Create playable videos for Nexus 7 2nd Gen from DVDs
- Enable Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 to Play Flash Videos
- Move/Transfer/Convert Blu-ray movies to new Nexus 7 (2013)
- Tips and Tricks for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Video Playback
- Enable Microsoft Surface RT/Pro Tablet to Play Flash FLV/F4V Videos