Have shot some magnificent footage with your AVCHD camcorder and wanna to import them to Pinnacle Studio for editing? Well you’d better convert AVCHD footage to MPEG2 first then, because AVCHD footage is not really well-supported by Pinnacle Studio. What is the best software for this conversion? Give a shoot with Pavtube HD Video Converter and you’ll find it is quite easy to edit AVCHD files in Pinnacle Studio. Below is a short guide telling you how to convert or shrink 1080p HD contents to Pinnacle Studio friendly formats.
Step 1. Install and launch Pavtube HD Video Converter, add the HD video you want to convert. Press the “Add” button to load the AVCHDHD file that you'd like to convert. Besides AVCHD MTS and M2TS format, the program also supports TS, M2TS, TP, TRP, DV, RM, RMVB, MP4, MKV, MOV, WMA, VOB, H.264, 3G2, AAC etc.
Step 2. Set output video format for your video conversion. Click the “Format” bar and move to “HD Video” and then select a 1080p HD video format from drop-down list. Basically, MPEG-2 HD Video (*.mpg) format is recommended, since MPEG-2 encoded videos are friendly to Pinnacle Studio. Finally, click the file icon beside output bar, and choose a destination folder for saving output files.
Step 3. Click “Convert” button to start converting 1080p AVCHD into Pinnacle-optimized videos. Then you could click “Open” button to find the converted MPEG video in destination folder. In this way 1080p AVCHD footage can be successfully loaded to Pinnacle Studio for editing and authoring.
1. To join or split AVCHD clips, you can combine files together by checking “Merge into one file”. To split video and trim off unwanted segments, you may click “Edit” menu, switch to “Trim” tab, and set starting and ending time to include the part you want to keep only, and then leave the split work to Pavtube HD Video Converter.
2. To cut down file size, you can click “Settings” and set a smaller video bitrate. In “Settings” panel you can also set video resolution (1920x1080, 1440x1080, 1280x720, etc).
- Transform Sony PMW-F55/F5 XAVC files to Final Cut Pro X
- Sony Cyber-shot TF1 workflow on Mac: import and edit MJPEG AVI with FCP X, iMovie, Avid, FCE, and Premiere Pro
- How to Import and Edit Sony NEX-5R MTS Videos in iMovie 8/9/11 on Mac Mountain Lion?
- How to import video files or projects to iMovie 8/9/11 on Mac?
- Cut/Join Sony Cyber-shot W730 H.264 MP4 videos clips for iMovie 11
- Merge/Re-wrap Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H200 MP4 clips for Sony Vegas, Avid MC, and Pinnacle Studio