Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11’s efficient controls and low price make it the ideal choice for casual users. If you encounter problems while loading your camera shootings (.mts, .mxf, .mov) to this editing software for making your own videos, this article may shed you some lights on the import issues.
Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 Supported Formats
Import: AAC, AA3, AIFF, AVI, BMP, CDA, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, MP3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, OGG, PCA, PNG, RealMedia, QuickTime, SND, SFA, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV
Export: AAC, AIFF, AVC, AVI, BMP, FLAC, JPEG, LPEC, MP3, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, OGG, PCA, PNG, RealMedia, TIFF, QuickTime, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV
Transcode AVCHD MTS to Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 workable format
Digital cameras like Canon C100, Sony NEX-6, Sony VG30, Sony VG900, Panasonic HC-X900M, Lumix LX7, Lumix GH3, Lumix G5, Lumix FZ200 are all able to shoot AVCHD footage with .MTS file extension. To edit these AVCHD MTS clips with Movie Studio HD 11, you’d better transcode MTS into a format better suited to Movie Studio; this would usually be MPEG-2 .mpg format. That’s where Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter comes in: it enables the experience of editing AVCHD footage with Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 as fast and seamless as possible.
Free download Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter Trial Version
1. The free trial version is provided for you to see if it would be able to convert your MTS clips from an AVCHD camera or camcorder to your required file type with acceptable quality.
2. The trial version will create videos with PAVTUBE logo standing in the center of the output image. To bypass the watermark, you should purchase its full version.
The basic steps to convert AVCHD MTS files to Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 editable format:
1. Load MTS media files
Start up Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter, click “Add video” or “Add from folder” button to load your source files shot with an AVCHD camera.
2. Select output format for Movie Studio HD 11 non-pro version
Move to “Format” menu, and choose “MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” for Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 from “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” column.
3. Adjust video and audio settings (optional)
Click “Settings” button to custom video and audio settings if necessary. When the “Profile Settings” window comes up, you can configure video and audio settings like resolution, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.
4. Start AVCHD MTS footage to MPG Conversion
Click “Convert” button to start rewrapping MPG files for Movie Studio HD 11 from MTS-files. When finished the conversion, you can click “Open” button to get the generated MPG files.
Convert MXF footage to Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 friendly format
There are lots of cameras or professional camcorders that capture video materials in MXF format. The popular one should be Canon XF series cameras, Panasonic P2 cameras and Sony XDCAM camcorders. These include Canon C500, Canon C300, Canon XF100, XF105, XF300, XF305, Panasonic AG-HVX200, Panasonic AG-HPX250, Sony PMW-EX3, and so on. To make Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 work well with MXF shootings, it’s highly recommended converting MXF footage to Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 friendly format using third party software like Pavtube MXF Converter.
The simple steps to convert MXF to Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 friendly format:
Step 1: Click “Add video” or “Add from folder” button to load MXF media sources
Step 2; Choose “MPEG-2 (*.MPG)” as output format from “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” option
Step 3: Click “Convert” to start encoding MXF videos to MPG format for Movie Studio HD 11
Step 4: Click “Open” button to get the generated MPG files
Rewrap H.264 MOV camera shootings to Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 editable files
There are a ton of DSLR cameras recording footage in H.264 MOV format, like Canon Rebel T4i (EOS 650D), Canon EOS Rebel T3i, Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 6D, Canon Powershot S95, Nikon D7000, Nikon D3200, and more. However, H.264 is not the best possible editing codec for Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11. You will have to transcode the H.264 MOV footage by using a converter app like Pavtube HD Video Converter. Depending on your editing app, MPEG-2 .mpg is the preferred codec.
Free Trial Pavtube HD Video Converter
The basic steps to rewrap H.264 MOV to Movie Studio HD 11 editable files
Step 1: Click “Add video” or “Add from folder” button to load your source MOV files
Step 2; Choose “MPEG-2 (*.MPG)” as output format from “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” catalogue
Step 3: Click “Convert” to start encoding H.264 MOV videos to MPG format for Movie Studio HD 11
Step 4: Click “Open” button to get the generated MPG files for Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 use
Now that you’ve got the converted mpg files, you can launch Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11, and import the generated MPEG-2 files to it for making a video masterpiece, or sharing the movies onto popular social networking sites including YouTube, FaceBook, and many others!
Importing media into Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11
Importing media allows you to add media to the Project Media list for use in your project without adding it to the timeline.
1. From the Project menu, choose Import Media. The Import Media dialog is displayed.
2. Navigate to and select a media file to add the Project Media list. You can use Ctrl or Shift to select multiple files.
3. Click Open. The media file is added to the Project Media list.
- Transcode AVCHD/MTS/MXF/MOV to Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 friendly format
- Easy way to import Sony XDCAM MXF media into Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12
- Compress/Import Canon C300 MXF to Sony Vegas, Pinnacle Studio, Adobe After Effects
- Edit Canon XF100/XF105/XF300/XF305 MXF footage in Sony Vegas Pro 11
- Canon MXF to Sony Vegas Converter-Let Sony Vegas Work with MXF Files
- A solution to the problem of importing MTS files to Sony Vegas