Canon cameras are excellent in the market, the EOS series DSLR are famous due to the vivid image. Canon entry-level DSLRs are always the best seller in the camera shops, the 550D (Rebel T2i), 600D (Rebel T3i), 650D (T4i) and 1000D (Rebel XS) are hot products.
Do you have a Canon DSLR? It’s great for us to take high-quality images when we travel. The Canon DSLR has another useful function, that’s HD recording. We can take up to 1080P high-definition video footages, this feature are used by a lot of Canon users. You may also like shooting videos with Canon DSLR, but you may encounter some problems when you want to import 500D/600D/1000D video to iMovie for editing, you will not edit the H.264 MOV videos smoothly due to the codec.
H.264 codec is not well supported by iMovie on Mac, iMovie best supported video codec is Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC), so it’s a great choice to transcodec Canon EOS h.264 MOV to iMovie with AIC codec, then you can edit Canon EOS video without rendering. Below is a guide for you, you can follow it.
1. Download Pavtube HD video converter for Mac, it’s an excellent Canon EOS video converter which can help you convert Canon video to iMovie, fcp, etc.
2. Install and and launch this Canon video to iMovie converter. Import the videos you want to convert.
3. Click format bar to choose the best output format, you are recommended to choose iMovie -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov).
4. You can click settings button to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, frame rate, etc.
5. Click convert button to convert Rebel T2i/T3i/XS to iMovie with this best Canon EOS Video Converter.
You can convert Canon recorded MOV videos to iMovie in few steps with this Canon video to iMovie converter, such as convert 550D(Rebel T2i) to iMovie, convert 600D (Rebel T3i) to iMovie, convert 1000D (Rebel XS) to iMovie, etc. Besides, this software is also excellent Canon EOS MOV to FCP converter, it can help you convert Canon MOV to FCP ProRes, just download and have a try.
- Work Panasonic GH4 4K MOV/MP4 with Avid MC
- How to Convert GoPro Hero4 4K Videos to FCP X/Apple ProRes?
- Transcode TiVo shows to AIC for editing with iMovie and Final Cut Express
- Make Canon XA20 MTS/MP4 compatible with FCP, Premiere Pro and Aperture 3
- How to extract audio from Canon DSLR camera footage?
- How to Convert QuickTime file to iMovie?