Olympus cameras are designed for photographers who want total control over their creative vision with a camera portable enough to travel the world, the powerful Olympus compact cameras delivers professional image quality, the world’s fastest auto focus, built-in creative features, and a new OLED touch screen in a classic, all-metal body with fully advanced controls. If you are a photo fan, you may be familiar with Nikon and Canon products, but you must also have heard of Olympus compact series, such as E series, it’s wonderful to take a DSLR to take photos and record HD videos when you travel or commute.
Is Olympus cameras compatible with Final Cut Pro 7/X?
Many Olympus users use Olympus easy-to-take camera to record high-definition footages, the recording formats are AVCHD or AVI Motion JPEG format, as we know they are not friendly to editing in FCP 7/X on Mac. Many users got problems when they want to import Olympus AVCHD/AVI to FCP 7 for editing on Mac Mountain Lion, the recorded Olympus AVCHD/AVI video can’t be handled smoothly by the FCP software on Mac.
Why Olympus AVCHD and AVI footages can’t be imported and edited smoothly in FCP 7/X?
Apple Final Cut Pro best codec is Apple ProRes, but Olympus recorded video is AVCHD and AVI, so users can’t edit Olympus AVCHD/AVI in FCP smoothly, the software will render frame by frame.
How to import Olympus AVCHD/AVI to FCP 7/X on Mac Mountain Lion for editing smoothly without rendering? The best way is to transcode Olympus AVCHD/AVI files to Apple ProRes codec MOV format on Mac Mountain Lion, and then you can edit it smoothly. Pavtube Olympus Video Converter will help you convert Olympus video to Final Cut Pro easily with Apple ProRes codec. Below is a guide for you, you can follow it.
1. Download and install Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. This converter can help you transcode Olympus video to FCP 7/X, iMovie, FCE, etc.
2. Launch this Olympus AVCHD/AVI converter, import the Olympus DSLR recorded AVCHD/AVI footages to the software.
3. Click format bar to choose the format for output. For editing Olympus AVCHD/AVI in FCP on Mac, you can choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), it’s best for FCP editing.
4. You can click settings button in the main interface to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, frame rate, etc, customize the parameters as you want.
5. Pavtube Olympus Video Converter for FCP 7/X have some edit features, such as trim, crop, add watermark, adjust effect, etc. you can use the edit function as you need.
6. Click convert button to start.
This Olympus video converter can convert HD videos for FCP on Mac Mountain Lion with good quality, what’s more, it supports nearly all Olympus compact cameras, such as convert Olympus E-PM1, E-PL3, E-P3 AVCHD/AVI to FCP 7/X, convert Olympus E-PL1, E-P2, E-PL2 AVI to FCP 7/X, etc. just download the Video Converter for Olympus and have a try. If you need to edit AVCHD/AVI in iMovie, you can follow AVCHD to iMovie guide here.
- Convert AVCHD/AVCHD Lite Footage to Apple ProRes 422 Encoded Files for Final Cut Pro
- Sony M2TS to Windows Movie Maker Converter
- Canon Vixia MTS to Windows Movie Maker Converter
- Convert 1080p MTS Videos to Windows Movie Maker
- Convert Panasonic TM900 MTS Videos to ProRes 422 for Editing on FCP
- Import/Edit Sony 1080 60P AVCHD to FCP on Mac