I was just wondering if anyone knew what Easy Setup Setting I can use with the E-PL1 and Final Cut Pro to remove the need for rendering in the timeline?
As far as I know there isn't an easy set up that will do away with rendering.The common solution is to convert the footage to the Prores format in Compressor and then edit that.
How do I adjust my easy setup before importing from my Olympus E-PL1 camera? The manual says it's a HD(720p)camera, but I can't find a good setting. The movies look good in the viewer but blurry and bad after exporting. Any tips?
You can't. FCP only works in specific formats and video resolutions. The material from this camera has to be converted to one of those, such as apple prores. What you convert it to depends on the exact specifications of your original media.
What’s the best codec for Olympus E-PL1 editing in Final Cut Pro X on Mac Mountain Lion?
Final Cut Pro X best supported video format is Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format.
What are the compression rates and what size are the image files in each record mode?
The maximum file size of a movie is 2 GB. This is a limitation of the AVI file format. The shooting may stop before it reaches the capacity (the maximum file size) depending on the memory card you use. A Speed Class 6 SD or SDHC card is recommended for movie recording. When shooting movies with an Art Filter, the frame rate varies based on the selected filter. When attaching the camera to a lens with its own image stabilizer function, turn off the image stabilizer function of either the lens or the camera.
Now you can follow the stpes below to transcodec Olympus E-PL1 recorded AVI Motion JPEG to Apple ProRes codec for FCP X editing.
1. Download Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. This professional HD Video Converter can help you convert E-PL1 AVI files to ProRes 422 MOV format for Final Cut Pro, more output formats are also supported.
2. Install and launch this E-PL1 AVI Converter. Import Olympus E-PL1 footage to the converter.
3. Click format bar to choose the output format. Click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).
4. You can click “settings” to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want.
5. Click convert button to start.
With this E-PL1 AVI to Apple ProRes 422 converter, you can easily change E-PL1 files to FCP X for editing, this software runs fast, so you can convert your E-PL1 footages to FCP in less time, you can find more tips and tricks on FCP in Pavtube FCP column, you can refer to it.
- How to Transcode MXF to AVI Easily and without Quality Drop ?
- How to Convert 1080p to 720p?
- How to Edit Sony CX106 AVCHD Videos on Pinnacle Studio 15 without Rendering?
- How to Convert P2 MXF Files to AVI Format?
- MVI to AVI: Nicely Editing in Pinnacle Studio?
- FAQ - Import Olympus E-PL1 AVI video to iMovie and FCE on Mac Mountain Lion