The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX75 is a powerful compact digicam featuring a 3.0-inch intelligent touchscreen LCD, capturing videos in 720p HD with a separate video recording button that keeps the camera always ready to record. With Lumix DMC-FX75 you are allowed to shoot kids videos in an AVCHD Lite model, and would like to upload the AVCHD Lite files to your PC, and put it into video editing programs like Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle Studio for editing. However, most video editing programs does not recognize the AVCHD Lite video footage, and that’s why we need to convert MTS to editable formats before editing. In order to play and edit the AVCHD Lite video files generated by the Panasonic Lumix cameras smoothly and more freely, you have to convert AVCHD to editing program friendly formats, like WMV (for Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas), MOV (for Avid Media Composer), AVI (for Pinnacle Studio), etc.
Fortunately, the following article introduced a powerful MTS Converter for transcoding AVCHD Lite MTS to MOV, WMV, AVI files for video editing, and here we take Avid Media Composer for an example
1. Install and run Pavtube MTS/ M2TS Converter ($29)
2. Drag and drop the Panasonic AVCHD .mts files to the MTS/M2TS Converter to do MTS conversion.
3. Select a proper format from the drop-down list of “Format” bar. To make Sony PMW-F5/F55 XAVC footage be compatible with Avid, you’re advised to select “Avid Studio>> Avid DNxHD 1080p (*.mov)” format.
Tip 1: For Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX75 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas, you are suggested to select “WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv)” or “MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” under “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” catalog.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX75 AVCHD Lite to Pinnacle, you are suggested to select “AVI HD Video (*.avi)” under “HD Video” catalog.
Tip 2: You can also click "Settings" next to Format to fix the frame rate, bitrate and video quality to your needs.
4. Click “Convert” to start encoding Panasonic camera footage to Avid editable format.
When conversion completes you can find converted video by clicking “Open” button. After being converted to video editing program compatible format the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX75 AVCHD AVCHD footage can be imported to Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, and Pinnacle instantly.
- MXF to Avid Converter allows You to Convert 1080p HD MXF for Avid Editing
- Transcode Panasonic AVCHD MTS to Avid Media Composer DNxHD MOV
- Sony VG900/VG30 MTS and Avid workflow - edit NEX 50p/60p AVCHD with Avid MC
- Convert Sony AVCHD MTS/M2TS clips to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer
- How to get Avid Media Composer working with AVCHD MTS footage?
- Transcode Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX75 AVCHD Lite MTS to Avid, Premiere, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle