Replace audio in video
I downloaded a blessing video from Internet and recorded my voice using Audacity. I am going to remove the original audio from the video firstly, and then add my own voice to it. At last, burn it to a DVD as my boyfriend's gift. Who can give me the solution of how to replace audio in a video? Thanks!
Sometimes, the audio that comes with the video may doesn't come out the way you want it to be, fortunately, you can easily replace the original audio track with your desired new sound track with some applications including some free apps such as Windows Movie Maker, which enables you to replace sound track in video with the following simple steps.
- Import Video
- Remove the sound of the video
- Create/Add a new audio track
- Save Video
Firstly, run Windows Movie Maker.
Generally, it is found in Start Menu / All Programs / Accessories, but it depends on your version of Windows.
- Start by importing the video. To do this, click on "Import Media" (or directly on the "Video" tab).
- Now the video is present in the imported media.
- Drag in the track "Video."
Remove the sound of the video
- Open the "Video" to show the audio track.
- Now right click on the audio track of the video and select "Mute".
Create / Add a new audio track
To record your voice if you want to insert it in the video, you can use:
- The recorder software of Windows (usually it is in Start Menu / All Programs / Accessories).
- Or an audio editing software like Audacity.
- Save the file as an mp3 or WMA, for Windows Movie Maker compatibility.
- Just as you opened the video, Open the new audio track.
- Once the files are imported, it will drag in the new audio track and not the one of the video.
- Just click on "Publish to This Computer "
Limitation of replacing audio in video with WMM
The biggest limitation of using Windows Movie Maker to do this work is that you can only replace audio in video file that are supported by Windows Movie Maker, in addition, the audio file that used to replace the original audio in video also must be compatible with Windows Movie Maker: MP3 and WMA files are the most popular formats. To break this limitation, a powerful program called Pavtube Video Converter (review) is recommended to you, the program can import video file formats with various different file formats such as SD video like AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, FLV, MKV, MPG, VOB, 3GP, WebM, HD video like Tivo, TOD, MOD, AVCHD (MTS, M2TS), MXF, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and even 4K video like H.265/HEVC, XAVC S, Prores, AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV, etc, you can easily replace audio in video listed above with a new audio with the formats of MP3, AAC, AC3.
Besides replacing audio in video, you can also use this application to remove audio in video, flip video horizontally or vertically, rotate video clockwise or counterclockwise to get it displayed in the right angle, trim or cut video to remove unwanted parts or segments, crop video to cut off unwanted black borders or area, personalize video with video/image/transparent text watermark, split large video into small parts by file size, count or length, merge separate video clips into one, adjust picture effect like brightness, contrast, saturation or apply special rendering effects like Gray, Flip Color or Aged Flim, etc to your video or add external SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to video.
How to Replace Sound Track in Video with a New Audio Track?
Step 1: Load video with audio files.
You can directly drag and drop the video files with audio into the program or click "File" > "Add Video/Audio" or "Add from Folder" to load the files into the program.
Tips: The program supports batching conversion function, you can batch load multiple video files with different file formats into the program for deleting audio from.
Step 2: Choose output file format.
Click "Format" bar, from its drop-down options, select your desired ouput file format to save on your computer.
Step 3: Add new audio track to video.
Check an item on the video displaying list to activate the video editing function, click the pencial like icon o the main interface to open the "Video Editor" window, go to the "Audio Edito" tab, check "Enable" and select "Audio Replace" option to browse an audio track on your local computer to add to the video to replace the original audio track.
Step 4: Begin the conversion process.
Go back to the main interface to begin the conversion to replace audio in video with new sound track. When the conversion is completed, you will get a video with your favorite sound track.
- Best 5 Free MP4 Video Editor - Edit MP4 Video For Free
- Add External SRT/ASS/SSA Subtitles to MP4 Video Without Encoding
- Different Solution for the 4K Video Workflow with Pinnacle Studio
- Best Way to Edit 4K Video with Sony Vegas Pro
- How to Play MP4 Files on Samsung TV from USB Port?
- How to Import and Edit MP4 Files with Lightworks?