The same with other Apple devices, the new iPhone 5 comes with no native support for WMV files. As for WMV (Windows Media Video), it is a video compression format for several proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft. If you have a WMV video attached in your email and couldn’t play it, you can buy a WMV Player from App Store. If you have lots of WMV videos and wanna manage and sync them via iTunes, you need to use a WMV to iPhone 5 Converter tool to help you convert WMV to iPhone 5 viewable file formats, such as MOV, MP4, and M4V. The guide below details the simple steps to encode WMV to iPhone 5 1080p/720p video for watching on its 4-inch 16:9 display.
Pavtube WMV Converter for iPhone 5
Add WMV files to the iPhone 5 Video Converter software
You can click “Add video” button or “Add from folder” button to browse and import your source materials in .wmv format.
Choose an iPhone 5 friendly format as output
- To convert WMV to iPhone 5 1080p video, choose “iPhone 5 H.264 Full HD 1080P (*.mp4)” as target format;
- To recode WMV to iPhone 5 720p video, choose “iPhone 5 H.264 HD 720P (*.mp4)” as target format.
Start WMV to iPhone 5 Conversion
Click the “Convert” button in the bottom-right corner of this WMV Converter for iPhone 5 to start transcoding WMV movies to iPhone 5 compatible MP4 format. When the conversion is completed, click “Open” button to find the output files and sync them to iPhone 5 for playback via iTunes.
- How to wirelessly stream music and video to iPhone and iOS device on Mac?
- How to move World Cup TiVo recordings to iPhone 4 on Mac?
- Convert blu-ray and DVD movie to iPad, Apple TV, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4
- 10 Must Have Apps for New iPhone 5
- 10 best games for your iPhone 5
- iPhone that won't turn on or charge