From the front, the iPhone 5 looks just like the iPhone 4 and 4S. The display is the same retina display found in the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and now, the new iPod Touch, but is now 4 inches instead of 3.5 inches. Additionally, the new iPhone 5 features 1136x640 resolution, and moved from 4:3 to 16:9, that’s good for watching HD content without black bars. The new iPhone 5 will launch along with the iOS 6, the new operating system for iPhones and iPads. The iOS 6 will be released as a free update to iOS users two days before the launch of the iPhone 5 on this Friday, Sept. 21. Have you ever thought of delivering TiVo shows to iOS 6 iPhone 5 for watching wherever you go?
Actually, TiVo has announced TiVo Stream to allow TiVo user to stream content to iOS devices. TiVo Stream will let users watch a recorded show on multiple devices without affecting what’s being watched on the TV. Also, TiVo says that TiVo Stream will have support for transferring a recorded show to an iOS device “for viewing outside the home.” However, to use TiVo Stream, you’ll need to have a TiVo Premiere box, which start at $150, plus a service plan that costs $15 per month or you can pay a one-time $500 fee for the life of the box. In this article, we introduce a simple and money saving method to watch TiVo shows on iOS 6 iPhone 5.
Transfer TiVo recordings to PC with TiVo Desktop.
Transferring TiVo recordings to PC is easy and straight-forward. All you need is a freeware by TiVo. Connect the TiVo box with your home network, and run TiVo Desktop. Click on "Pick Recordings to Transfer". Check the box next to the title of the show (or shows) you want to transfer and click on "Start Transfer". Transfer times vary, but may be as long as the show's duration to complete the transfer.
Convert TiVo to iPhone 5 supported file format by using TiVo Converter for iPhone 5
Follow the steps below:
1. Launch iPhone 5 Video Converter, click “Add video” or “Add from folder” icon to load TiVo recordings. If you are the first time to import TiVo videos to this program, you need to enter your Media Access Key as the following window requires:
2. Select output format for iPhone 5
Pavtube TiVo to iPhone 5 Converter offers three optimal profiles for iPhone 5 users to choose from, including “iPhone 5 H.264 Full HD 1080P (*.mp4)”, “iPhone 5 H.264 HD 720P (*.mp4)” and “iPhone 5 H.264 Full Screen 1136*640 (*.mp4)”. You can decide which one to select based on your own requirement.
3. Copy TiVo Recordings to iPhone 5 compatible format
Click “Convert” button to start rewrapping TiVo TV shows to iPhone playable file format. Once finished, hit “Open” button to get the converted MP4 files and sync them to your iPhone 5 for watching via iTunes.
- How to wirelessly stream music and video to iPhone and iOS device on Mac?
- How to move World Cup TiVo recordings to iPhone 4 on Mac?
- Convert blu-ray and DVD movie to iPad, Apple TV, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4
- 10 Must Have Apps for New iPhone 5
- 10 best games for your iPhone 5
- iPhone that won't turn on or charge