Avatar blu-ray ripping- subtitles or no subtitles, that is the question
“When I back up the blu-ray disk Avatar to a TS file, I do not want "subtitles" - English explanations of what is happening in the film, but I do want to include these Navi to English translations. How would I go about doing that?”
That’s a common problem we encounter when ripping blu-ray movies like Avatar and 2012: you do not want the English subtitle (when they speak English), and you do not want to lose the English translations when a foreign language (e.g. Navi) is spoken. Any solution for this? Yes, the Forced Subtitle option is added to commercial movies for this purpose.
What are Forced subtitles? How to extract Forced subtitles only when ripping blu-ray Avatar to hard drive?
Forced subtitles are subtitles that included in commercial Blu-ray and partial DVD movies so as to provide a better visual experience to display the characters when a foreign or alien language is spoken, a sign, flag or other text in the scene is in different language.
Is there any blu-ray ripping software that handles the English subtitles in Avatar only when the Navi are speaking? Yes. The Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper can extract subtitles from blu-ray discs and DVDs for you. With an “Only show forced subtitle” option, the Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper allows users to create videos with subtitle for “Navi” only when ripping the blu-ray Avatar to MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV, TS, MOV, M4V, etc.
Blu-ray movie ripping- no subtitle, English/French Subtitle, and Forced Subtitle
Avatar movie without subtitle (no subtitle at all for the full length movie):
Avatar movie with English Subtitle (English subtitle is printed for the full length movie):
Avatar movie with English Forced Subtitle (English subtitle is included only Navi language is spoken):
How to rip Avatar with Forced Subtitles using Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper?
Click BD/DVD ROM to load Avatar blu-ray movies to Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper, check the chapters you want to rip, and set Forced subtitles for each chapter follow this way: specify a language as your English in “Subtitle” pull-down list, and check “Only show force subtitle” before converting Avatar to hard drive. When “Only show Force Subtitle” is checked, the subtitle appears on the screen only when foreign languages (i.e. Navi) other than English are spoken.
Why you gotta try Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper:
1. Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper is an all-in-one Blu-ray ripper, DVD ripper and movie editor.
2. Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper enables you to watch blu-ray and DVD movies on various devices, such as WD TV Media Player, Xtreamer Media Player & Streamer, HDTV, iPhone/ iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod, iPad/iPad 3G/ iPad Wi-Fi+3G, Apple TV, PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, BlackBerry, Archos 5/7, Android smart phones like HTC Evo 4G, HTC Droid Incredible, Motorola Droid X, Moto Droid 2, Samsung Fascinate, and more.
3. Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper provides you with multiple blu-ray back up solutions, no matter you want to back up blu-ray movies without quality loss, create 1080p HD videos, compress blu-ray to DVD quality videos, rip certain chapters, select desired audio track and subtitles, the Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper can achieve it for you.
Download a free trial of Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper right now and you can try it freely whenever you like. The trial is free, clean and safe. The only restriction is a Pavtube logo on converted videos.
- Convert Blu-ray to Asus Infinity TF700 for watching
- How to transfer 1080p Videos, Blu-ray, DVD movies to Galaxy Tab 3 for playback without any limitation
- Review: Mac Blu-ray Ripping for iOS, Android Tablets & Phones
- Backup Blu-ray disc to 1080p HD MP4, M4V and MOV for Mac Playback
- How to split blu-ray and DVD movies?
- How to capture Blu-Ray movie screenshots?