Nowadays more and more camera/camcorder owners prefer to edit their footage in NLEs on Mac, such as FCP, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro and so on. However, these NLE programs are really picky for the video format/codec and your MXF footage are always failed to load in. Besides, it’s normal that people records several audio tracks using difference microphones; hereby to output the compatible ProRes MOV file with all the audio tracks combined should be one of the most important tasks.
To accomplish this, you are recommended to get a professional multi-track MXF Converter for Mac.
How can we convert Canon MXF to FCP 6/7 with multiple audio tracks preserved?
There are several mxf converting programs that can convert MXF to other formats. But to keep all the audio channels converted, this Pavtube iMixMXF is really worthy giving a shot for that it’s not only able to output various video codec for NLEs on Mac, but also choose the audio channels as you need and combine then together.
Read these steps to convert your multi-tracks MXF to ProRes for FCP 6/7 on Mac:
1. Free download Pavtube iMixMXF trial version. Get it installed on your Mac.
2. Click top left two icons to load your mxf videos; all the corresponding audio files would be also loaded automatically.
3. Choose Multi-track Video>Multi-track Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) as the most compatible format for editing multi-stream MXF in FCP 6/7.
4. Click “Convert” to start converting multi-track MXF to ProRes for FCP editing. You can click “Open” to locate the converted video easily.
How to import the converted video to FCP?
Launch FCP 6/7, click File>Import>Files…, then browse the path you preserved above videos; confirm loading.
- Convert P2 MXF to Apple ProRes 422 on Mac for Final Cut Pro
- Transform Sony PMW-F55/F5 XAVC files to Final Cut Pro X
- Sony PMW-400 XAVC to ProRes 422, ProRes 4444 or ProRes 422 Proxy for FCP X editing
- How can I import Sony AVCHD MTS files to FCP 7/FCP X on Mountain Lion?
- FCP import problem – how to load Panasonic AVCHD MTS to FCP 7 and FCP X on Mountain Lion
- Make Canon XA20 MTS/MP4 compatible with FCP, Premiere Pro and Aperture 3