Panasonic P2 camcorders are among the professional series; they are able to shoot Ful HD 1080p videos on P2 and these video are well organized in complicated file structure. It helps to preserve, edit and playback these clips but absolutely not easy if you want to convert P2 MXF to any other formats, because your footages may have been divided into several mxf clips and neither of the individual clips keep all the original video info.
Hence it’s important to keep the original p2 file structure complete before starting your workflow.
Since P2 camcorders always records two or more audio channels, you may need to keep all the audio tracks converted and keep them separately as the original. How to convert P2 MXF to NLEs, iDevices or Android phone/tablets with all the audio preserved?
Let’s try with this Pavtube iMixMXF, a multi-track MXF Converter for Mac. You can download a free trial version here.
Convert Panasonic P2 card MXF file on Mac OS
1. Get this Pavtube iMixMXF installed. Click Add video to import your mxf video clips; iMixMXF will recognize the corresponding audio mxf files automatically.
2. Click the drop-down list right on the bottom to choose formats you need to convert to, you can find various presets for iMovie/Avid/Adobe, iPhone/iPad/iPod/ATV and other devices. iMixMXF now supports Multi-track MKV/MOV/MP4 and multi-track ProRes for editing in Final Cut Pro.
Click Settings and free choose the keep some of (or all) the audio tracks.
FYI: You can trim, crop, add 3D effect, add subtitles and edit audio before conversion by clicking the 3D icon on the top. But pls note that the edit icon is forbidden if you choose multi-track series profiles.
3. Now click the big Convert to start converting P2 MXF to various video formats on Mac. Wait for moments, you can click “Open output folder” to locate the converted video directly.
FYI: For users who only records one audio track, the Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac is highly recommended and it costs less than the latter Pro version.
- How to Edit Canon XF100 MXF files in FCP X Natively?
- Import/convert Sony XDCAM files to iMovie for editing with AIC codec
- Convert Sony PMW-F5/F55 XAVC to Avid, Premiere, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle without Quality Loss
- Transfer Canon C300 MXF to FCP/Quicktime for editing on Mac
- How to transfer P2 MXF to QuickTime MOV format for storage?
- How to Edit Canon C300 MXF video on FCP X?