As promised, Microsoft has just revealed the Surface 2 after the release of Surface Pro 2. Unlike Surface Pro 2 which makes subtle changes to the original Pro, the new Surface 2 is improved at many levels, including a thinner, lighter body, a faster Tegra 4 processor, an improved webcam, a dual-stage kickstand and a sharper 1080p Full HD screen. All these changes make Surface 2 more powerful and much competitive among other portable devices and the large 10.81 inch Full HD screen of 1920x1080 pixels is great for watching movies.
While you still cannot directly watch Blu-ray movies on it since this portable PC does not equip with a Blu-ray Disc Driver like others. How to enable Surface 2 RT tablet to play Blu-ray movies?
To get your favorite Blu-ray movies into Surface 2, you need to convert Blu-ray from physical disc to Surface 2 compatible MP4 file in advance and then transfer the ripped movies to the Windows RT 8.1/8 tablet.
Convert Blu-ray movies to Surface 2 RT tablet compatible MP4 format on Windows 8.1/8
Step 1: Load Blu-ray movie to the program
Click the “Load disc” button to import Blu-ray from disc drive, Blu-ray ISO and Blu-ray folder from computer hard disk to the best Surface 2 Blu-ray Ripper.
Step 2: Customize settings for output
1. Choose one audio track from Audio drop-down list on software main UI for output as well as one subtitle track.
2. From the “Format” menu, select profile “Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4)” as output format for Surface 2 RT tablet on Windows 8.1/8.
Tips: One optional adjustment for output is to customize profile presets by clicking the “Settings” icon to set video codec, output file size, bitrate, frame rate, etc so that you could obtain the best video and audio playback on Surface 2 RT on Windows 8.1/8.
Step 3: Start Blu-ray to Surface 2 RT conversion
Double check above steps and hit the “Convert” button on program UI to start ripping Blu-ray to Windows 8.1/8 RT tablet. When the conversion is done, open output folder to get the converted MP4 movie, then transfer Blu-ray movies to Surface 2 RT on Windows 8.1/8 for movie watching.
An easy way to transfer videos from computer to Windows Surface 2 RT via USB
1. Copy files onto a USB flash drive or memory card on your other computer.
2. Insert the USB flash drive or memory card into Surface.
3. Tap or click the notification that appears in the upper-right corner of the screen.
4. Tap or click Open folder to view files.
File Explorer opens.
5. Select the files or folders you want to add to Surface, tap or click Home, and then tap or click Copy to.
6. Select a location. For example, choose Documents if the flash drive or memory card contains documents.
More methods to move videos, pictures and files to Microsoft Surface are available at Synchronizing Media Contents to Your Microsoft Surface.
- Backup Blu-ray movies for watching on HD Monitor via HDMI with 5.1 audio
- Backup and Rip Blu-ray movies for ASUS Transformer Book T100
- How to transfer 2014 Disney movies to VTech InnoTab 3S for your kids?
- How to stream Blu-ray movies to any device via Plex over home network?
- Watch Blu-ray movies on Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
- Transcode/Convert/Move Blu-ray to Nokia Lumia 2520 on Windows 8.1/8