The following media apps ought to spice up Google’s boring movie playback options, and at least widen your options when it comes to video viewing on Kindle Fire HD. Go to find out the best video player apps for Kindle Fire HD tablets.
If you have any problems when enjoying videos on Kindle Fire HD 7"/8.9", pls refer to
This version of CineXPlayer is specifically created for the Kindle Fire - so can be assured it's compatible. Transfer your Xvid movies to your device instantly (no conversion needed) -Play your movies anywhere, anytime - even when you have no Internet connection (in a train, a car, a plane…)
Supported file formats: MKV, Xvid, MP4, 3GP, WebM, MP3, etc
NO.2 aVia Media Player - Free
Primary features of aVia:
- Play music, videos, and view photos through a variety of sources including social media services (Facebook, and Google+)
- Easily Fling and control media between personal devices
- DLNA streaming capabilities allow for sharing between compatible devices within a network
- DLNA server capabilities built into the app
- Easily create playlists and rate content using the intuitive interface
- Support for video scaling and subtitles
- Support for video and audio codecs
- Support for multiple languages including French, German, Danish, Spanish, and Japanese.
- Optimized for Android tablets and smartphones, Google TV, and Kindle Fire devices
NO.3 VLC Direct - Free
This is an easy and powerful stream client and server application. It can stream from Android to your computer, and vise versa. You don't have to transfer your videos, songs and photos anymore.
This app also works as a VLC Media Player remote control: play, stop, pause, volume, full screen toggle and more
NOTE: VLC with web interface enabled is required in your computer. This is the free version of this app. Streaming from PC to Android is limited to a few minutes per media file with subtitles disabled. If you want unlimited playback on Android, no ads, and subtitles support, you can try VLC Direct PRO.
VPlayer includes the following features:
1. Formats: AVI, MOV ,MKV, FLV, AVI, 3GP, 3G2, ASF, WMV, MP4, M4V, TP, TS, MTP, M2T
2. Video Codecs:
- HW : MPEG-4,H.264, H.263
- SW : MPEG-4, H.264, RMVB, XVID, MS MPEG-4,VP6, H.263, MPEG-1, MPEG-2
3. Audio Codecs:
- DTS, AC3, AAC, Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, MP2, WMA
- Multi-title audio tracks support
- (Advanced) SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass), SAMI (.smi), SubViewer (.sub), Subrip (.srt), MicroDVD (.sub), MPL2 (.txt)
- MKV subtitle extraction supported
- Unicode/Multibyte charset supported
- Multiple subtitle tracks support
- Increased subtitle readability with thicker border and shadow around text.
5. Transport: HTTP, RTP/RTSP/RTMP, MMS, HTTP Live Streaming with multiple bitrate
NO. 5 SlingPlayer (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Watch your home TV and DVR from anywhere on your Kindle Fire. When connected over 3G/4G or Wi-Fi to a Slingbox 500, 350, PRO-HD, or SOLO (Slingboxes sold separately), the award-winning SlingPlayer app will play anything you can watch on your TV at home on your Kindle Fire. Now you can change channels, control your DVR, and watch your favorite live and recorded shows right on your Kindle Fire.
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
- Kindle Fire HD
- Kindle Fire
- Kindle Fire (1st Gen)
NO. 6 Plex for Android
Plex in a nutshell is a media platform that runs on Macs, PCs and Linux that is capable of organizing your media so that it can be viewed by any Plex Client in a beautiful to see and easily navigable form. In addition to allowing you to view all of your music, photos and videos it allows you to get to online content from many of your favorite online providers from the comfort of your couch using just a remote control - no need to type all that "www" mumbo-jumbo... no need to sit through an entire newscast for the weather. This is the best of both worlds.
Plex currently supports over 200 Channels including CNET, YouTube, Vimeo, Revision3 and many other popular online sources. With Plex Media Server for Mac you can stream additional content from Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes.
Plex for Android of course works WITH your Plex Media Server to offer up your music, video and photos on your mobile device! Plex Players are available for Windows, Mac, Samsung TVs, Roku, Android and more...
NO.7 MX Player - Free
Claims to "play everything" on its Google Play artwork, and with over 10,000,000 downloads, it's the most popular option out there. MX Player's big selling point is hardware support that's augmented by multi-core decoding, so if you're running a modern dual-core processor, you ought to see a significant performance boost.
The app also has a Kid's Lock plug-in, so you can leave a child in possession of your Android tablet without having to worry about them tweeting on your behalf.
NO.8 MoboPlayer - Free
A comprehensive list of supported codecs makes MoboPlayer a good choice, although being entirely software based means you'll need something with some serious processor power to watch anything approaching HD resolution.
Still, for getting subtitled MKVs and more exotic movie file types running on Android models that don't officially support them, it's a decent, simple and free choice.
NO.9 SuperPlayer 2 Video Player - Free
SuperPlayer is the best and simplest video player to enjoy your movies on Android platform. It can play almost every kinds of video format, including avi, flv, 3gp, mp4, rm, rmvb, mpg, mov, asf, mkv, webm ...
SuperPlayer supports multi-language subtitles, supports srt, ass, sub, smi format and video's embed subtitles.
SuperPlayer is very easy to use: copy videos to sdcard, launch SuperPlayer, scan the videos and watch it. You don't need any setting at all.
(The first time you scan videos, it may take some time if there are many files on your SDCard).
NO.10 iTunes Remote: Android
Remote for iTunes: Android is an iTunes remote control application for the PC and Mac. Using your home WiFi, connect to iTunes exactly the same way you would with an iPhone. Control volume, change tracks, browse libraries, and search iTunes all from your Android device. Remote for iTunes: Android also connects to any compatible DACP media software.
This app is compatible with iTunes 10 and Android 2.2+.
- Make Blu-ray films playable on Nexus 7 FHD 2013 Second Generation
- How to make WMV movies playable on Kindle Fire HD?
- 10 Best Android Video Players for Kindle Fire HD
- The Hottest Android games for Kindle Fire HD: the 10 Best Kindle Fire HD Games
- Top 20 Must-Have Free Apps for Kindle Fire HD
- DoubleTwist: How to Sync Protected iTunes videos with Android