Avid Media Composer is a popular video editing software on windows and Mac, many people use it as a mainly software to edit camcorder or camera recorded videos. But, different cameras record videos in different video formats, such as H.264 MOV, MTS, M2TS, MXF. When importing and editing these videos in Avid Media Composer 5.5, uses always encounter video and audio problems, as the Avid Media Composer 5.5 doesn’t support HD videos well due to the codec. This article will show you the easy way to import Panasonic P2 camcorder recorded MXF files into Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Panasonic P2 camcorders are used by many professional photography, they use it to record important footages. And many of them load Panasonic P2 MXF footage to Avid Media Composer 5.5 for editing, but different problems have occurred, the main reason is video codec unfriendly to Avid Media Composer 5.5. So the best choice is to transcode Panasonic P2 MXF to XDCAM codec, then you can edit the video smoothly in avid. Now you can follow the guide below.
1. Download and install Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac or MXF converter for Windows. This professional MXF converter will help you transcode P2 MXF footages to XDCAM codec or DNxHD codec for natively use in Avid Media Composer 5.5.
2. Import the videos recorded by Panasonic P2 to the software.
3. Click format bar to choose output format. If you run this software on Mac, you can choose XDCAM or DNxHD codec for output; if you run software on windows, you can choose DNxHD format for output.
4. You can click settings button to adjust the output video’s parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, codec and frame rate, etc.
XDCAM output settings
DNxHD output settings
5. Click convert button to start the Panasonic P2 MXF video to Avid Media Composer 5.5 conversion.
Pavtube Panasonic P2 MXF converter is a great tool for your camcorders and MXF videos, with it you can easily transcode MXF footages to different codecs or formats. If you want to convert DVD/Blu-ray and other video formats include MXF, you can try iMedia Converter for Mac, this software is the most powerful converter which can convert all kinds of videos.
- How to Edit Canon XF100 MXF files in FCP X Natively?
- Import/convert Sony XDCAM files to iMovie for editing with AIC codec
- Convert Sony PMW-F5/F55 XAVC to Avid, Premiere, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle without Quality Loss
- Transfer Canon C300 MXF to FCP/Quicktime for editing on Mac
- How to transfer P2 MXF to QuickTime MOV format for storage?
- How to Edit Canon C300 MXF video on FCP X?