Material eXchange Format (MXF) is a container format for professional digital video and audio media defined by a set of SMPTE standards. MXF is a container or wrapper format which supports a number of different streams of coded essence, encoded with any of a variety of codecs, together with a metadata wrapper which describes the material contained within the MXF file.
Many MXF video footages are recorded by high-definition camcorders, like Panasonic P2, canon XF and sony XDCAM series camcorders.
After you recorded MXF files, you may have the need to convert mxf file to friendly video formats just like avi, wmv, mp4, mov, mpeg, etc for playing on iPad, iPod, iPhone 4, iTunes, PSP, Apple TV, Android Phones, etc so that we can watch our favorite mxf conversion file everywhere.
On one side, the avi, wmv, mp4, mov, mpeg video formats are usually for playback, you can also choose AVI/MOV friendly codec for editing in software, like prores codec for FCP, and AIC codec for FCE and iMovie. This article will show you the steps to convert MXF to AVI/WMV/MOV/MP4/MPEG on Mac.
1. Download Pavtube MXF converter for Mac, install and run this software. Click load button to import the MXF videos that you want to convert.
2. Choose output formats. If you need to convert MXF to AVI/WMV/MOV/MP4/MPEG, you just need to select corresponding format. Just click format bar and choose the format you need.
3. After you choose the output format, you can set MXF to AVI/WMV/MP4/MOV/MPEG Conversion Parameters by clicking the settings button in the main interface of the software. You can adjust the resolution, bitrate, codec as you need.
4. Edit function is very easy to choose, you can trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect before converting MXF to AVI/WMV/MOV/MP4/MPEG on Mac.
5. Click convert button to start converting MXF to AVI/WMV/MOV/MP4/MPEG format on Mac.
Video and audio quality and synchronization are perfectly guaranteed, is it easy to convert MXF files on Mac to AVI/MOV/MP4/WMV/MPEG by Pavtube MXF converter for Mac? Just have a try. If you want to know more about MXF files conversion or application, please visit Pavtube MXF column.
- How to Convert MXF to ProRes, AIC MOV for Loading into FCP and iMovie?
- Transfer Canon C300 MXF to FCP/Quicktime for editing on Mac
- Canon MXF file to iMovie importing issues on Mac
- How to Transcode MXF to AVI Easily and without Quality Drop ?
- Convert Panasonic P2 footage for importing to Davinci Resolve
- Fail to Import MXF Files into Premiere Pro CC 2015, Solved!