Even though you have never made a video before, you can make amazing videos with Camtasia. You can record the screen using Camtasia or drag and drop some your own footages to create remarkable videos. In addition, the Camtasia 9 video editor even arrives with 4K support so that you can edit your DJI Phantom 4 Pro 4K video or some other 4K recording devices recored videos in Camtasia.
Before you want to import 4K video to Camtasia Studio for editing, you maybe want to know which files can be imported to Camtasia Studio. Below is Camtasia Studio supported video format on Windows and Mac.
Camtasia Studio Supported Imported Video on Windows and Mac
|Camtasia (Windows) Supported Video||Camtasia (Mac) Supported Video|
The following formats are able to be imported into Camtasia Studio for editing & production:
MP4 (AVC/h.264 at no more than 30 frames per second)
MTS and M2TS files. (Version 8.4 and later) You will need the AC-3 Filter if running Windows 7 or Winodws 8.0. See here for more information.
Camtasia for Mac can import a number of file formats; essentially, anything that QuickTime can play.
MOV (QuickTime movie), DV, MPEG-1
TIFF and single-page PDF (multi-page PDF will not work properly)
Camtasia will also import caption files in SRT or SAMI formats.
How to Import Unsupported 4K video to Camtasia?
See, Camtasia doesn't support any format video in 4K resolution. For example, if the .MOV file is encoded in H.264 video and AAC audio that file can be imported and played without the use of QuickTime. If it doesn't import, simply change the extension of the file to .mp4 instead of .mov and try importing again. Any other type of .MOV files will not be able to be imported into Camtasia Studio. Of course, your 4K AVCHD, 4K M2TS, 4K MXF also can't be imported into Camtasia. If you want to load and edit any 4K video in Camtasia, you can convert these unsupported 4K video to Camtasia with some video converters.
Pavtube Video Converter for Mac and its equivalent Windows version can simply help you transcode any 4K video to Camtasia supported video. Its intuitive even s bit little childlish interface make the 4K to Camtasia conversion process easy as A, B, C. Just drag and drop your 4K video to this 4K video converter, then choose Camtasia supported format and finally start the conversion. Simple 3 clicks, you can get Camtasia supported 4K video. What's more, Camtasia 8/7 and lower versions don't support 4K video. You can use Pavtube Video Converter for Mac to compress 4K to 1080p video for your Camtasia 8/7 and lower versions.
More Features of 4K to Camtasia Video Converter
* Convert H.265, MKV, AVI, MP4, MXF, MTS, M2TS, TS, XAVC, Tivo etc to Camtasia Studio best editable format like MP4, MOV etc.
* Convert Camtasia Studio recording to any format you need with high quality.
*As an excellent Camtasia Alternative: split, merge, trim, crop, add watermark, adjust video effect, edit audio and insert subtitles.
*Batch conversion and super fast conversion speed.
*Compatible with macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard.
Start to Convert Unsupported 4K video to Camtasia Studio
Step 1. Add 4K videos
Install and run the Camtasia Studio Converter on your computer, then click “Add Video” button to browse and load your rvideos which you’ve transferred to you computer.
Step 2: Output Camtasia Studio supported format
From the pull down menu of "Format" , then you will be able to select Camtasia Studio for Mac best compatible editing formats "QuickTime "MOV - QuickTime(*.mov)" under "Common Video" main category, you can aslo choose to output "H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)" under "HD Video" main category according to your own needs.
1. Click "Settings" to open "Profile Settings" window, here, you can change profile settings according to your own needs. Make sure your MOV or MP4 video is H.264 codec and AAC audio. If you are using a lower version Camtasia which doesn't support 4K, you can compress 4K to 1080p video here by adjusting video size to 1080.
2. Check an item to active the "Video Editor" function, then click the pencil like icon on the top tool bar to open the "Video Editor" window, you can trim video length, crop video black bars, add watermark, apply sepcial rendering effect, remove/replace audio in video, etc.
Step 3: Start the final conversion process.
After all setting is completed, click right-bottom "Convert" button to begin the unsupported 4K video to Camtasia Studio best compatible editing format conversion process.
When the conversion is completed, you will have no problem to import any 4k video to Camtasia Studio for the best post editing workflow.
- [Top Solution] How to Play HD/3D/4K MKV on Apple TV 4?
- Can't Import MOV to Premiere Elements (15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10)? Solutions Here
- Import and Edit MKV in Premiere Elements (15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10)
- Import AVI to Premiere Elements (15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10) Successfully
- Import H.265/HEVC to Premiere Elements (15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10)
- How to Edit XAVC in Windows Movie Maker