“I want to attach an flv file that I downloaded from You Tube to PowerPoint slide but to no avail. It keeps popping up error message… Is it possible to enable flash in PPT?”
An FLV file is the native, proprietary document file format created by the Adobe Flash authoring program. Now more and more people download their favorite flash videos from YouTube and other video sharing websites and want to insert them into PowerPoint to make a good presentation. However, Flash videos in .flv and .f4v format are not compatible with PowerPoint, even with the latest PowerPoint 2010. One effective solution is to convert FLV/F4V to WMV. Though FLV is not accepted by PowerPoint 2010, there are many formats that PowerPoint 2010 supports like the most common AVI and WMV video format. The following guide instruct you how to add FLV to PowerPoint
Required Tool: HD Video Converter
This is a nice small took kit that lets you transcode between AVI, WMV, MKV, TS, MPG, MTS, M2TS, MOV, FLV, TOD, MOD, TiVo, etc. It also features basic editing features such as trimming, merging, cropping, watermarking, and audio replacing facility. By using the trimming action you can clip a specific duration from a video clip and turn it into PowerPoint preferred WMV format.
How to convert FLV to WMV for attaching to PPT
Step 1. Run HD Video Converter, drag and drop source FLV file(s) to the software.
Step 2. Click on “Format” bar, and select “Common Video>> WMV3 (WMV9)(*.wmv)” format from its drop-down profile list.
Step 3. Press on the big “Convert” button to get Video Converter convert FLV to PowerPoint preferred WMV format.
Step 4. After conversion you can press “Open” to locate resulting file.
1. Trim out unwanted frames: Press shortcut key “Ctrl” + “E” to enter video editor, where you can set starting and ending frame.
2. Combine 2 or more videos into one: Check the “Merge into one file” box before conversion.
3. Preview output file size/adjust video quality: Press on “Settings” to preview estimate file size. For better quality, set video bitrate up. Otherwise set video bitrate down to 1000kbps or below.
How to add converted WMV file into PowerPoint
1. In PowerPoint, select the slide that you’d insert video.
2. Click the "Insert" menu and select "Movies and Sounds."
3. Choose "Movie From File" and browse to locate the video you want to insert.
4. Double-click the WMV file you just saved. The video will now appear in the PowerPoint slide.
- Convert 1080p MTS Videos to Windows Movie Maker
- How to Play AVCHD Video on Dune HD Player?
- Import and edit Nikon D3200 MOV video in Adobe Premiere
- Convert Canon XF305 MXF Footage to VOB Format for Playing on TV
- How to import Canon MXF Video to Cyberlink PowerDirector for Editing?
- Convert Canon 60D MOV to 1080p AVI/WMV for Editing and Playback