VLC media player can play almost all the media files, and of course, 3D included, and it is indeed a proven fact. It is an open source program that your PC(Win 10 included)/Mac(El Capitan included) has the power to play movies in 3D.
Before play 3D movies with VLC you need some simple modifications, below we will show you the simple modifications in steps to play movies in 3D with VLC Mdeia Player nicely.
Simple Modifications for Watching 3D Movies On VLC Media Player
For Analyze 3D movies:
1. Start by opening your VLC player(you don't have to play a video at this time), Go to "Tools" -> "Preferences" (CTRL+P on Windows)
2. Go to Tools on the upper bar on the VLC media player, then select Effects & Filters. After that dialog box will open and you will get Video Effects tab.
3. Now, you will get Advanced tab and you will see many options on this tab.
4. Click/check on the Analyze 3D option. This option will enable the 3D video mode on VLC media player.
5. Put red/cyan glasses on your eye and enjoy with 3D movie.
For SBS 3D movies:
1. Start by opening your VLC player, then clicks Tools on the toolbar.
2. On the lower left corner choose "Show settings" -> "All"
3. On the left part of the settings window, scroll down and select "Video"
4. On the right part of the settings window, scroll down to "Source aspect ratio"
5. Type in the aspect ratio with the width doubled - for example 32:9 for a 16:9 video, or 8:3 for a 4:3 video...
6. Click "Save" and exit VLC ---Keep in mind that the changed aspect ratio will be saved for all your videos - remove it after watching 3D or your normal videos might seem to be a bit stretched
7. Start VLC and play your 3D SBS video.
Handle with VLC Mdeia Player Compatibility Issues
Few 3D movie player can truly handle 3D movies playback without format compatibility issues, VLC media player is no exception, it input formats are limits in MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MXF, etc. Looking for a way to get over the format limits hurdle and watch 3D movies on Windows 10, El Capitan or 3D-capable TV, phones, tablets more pleasantly?
Pavtube Video Converter makes you watch 3D movies smoothly by converting HD 4K 3D movies in MKV, MTS, AVCHD etc. to MP4, AVI, MOV best video formats with untouched output image quality.
What can Pavtube Video Converter do for you?
-Ability to perform any 3D video/movie to batch conversions.
-Ability to make basic edits and add effects to videos.
-Allow you to add watermarks or change the aspect ratio on a video.
-Convert all kinds of 3D videos: such Anaglyph, Top-Bottom, Side-by-Side 3D MP4/MKV video supported by VLC media player.
Step-by-Step guide on handling compatibility issues for VLC with Pavtube Video Converter:
Install and run Pavtube Video Converter(notice the version right for you, screenshot in this article are Mac version, GUIDE STEPS are same in two platform), an intuitive interface will pop up.
Step 1. To import videos, you may click on “Add Video” or simply drag the video files in.
Step 2. Then make the suitable choice for your original 3D movies to VLC compatible video format, such like ‘MP4 Side-by-side 3D Video (*.mp4)’, ‘MP4 Anaglyph 3D Video (*.mp4)’ or ‘MP4 Top-Bottom 3D Video (*.mp4)’ is the preset list here. You can also choose MKV, MOV as the output container.
Step 3. (Optional)Select one or more files, click the pencil icon and find more editing items for 3D videos, ‘Trim’ to when to start and when to finish, ‘Crop’ to get rid of the unwanted edges, etc. More you can get into the interface here.
Step 4. (Optional)Click "Settings" button to open "Profile" settings window, drag the sliders to change the depth of the output 3D video.
Step 5. Set an output folder to store the converted files, then hit the "Convert" button to carry out the conversion for VLC.
When the conversion is over, please click on the “Open” button next to “Output” box on the main interface to view the converted files, you can play the converted 3D files in VLC media player smoothly with the Simple Modifications for Watching 3D Movies On VLC Media Player mentioned above.
- Encode/Decode Any Files to/from H.265 Codec with Top H.265 Converter
- Stream MP4 Files to Apple TV 4 Via Plex Media Server
- Can Mac Plex Media Server Play WMV Files?
- Full Workaround to Import and Edit 4K Video with iMovie on Mac
- Best Workflow of Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with FCP X
- 3 Ways to Play MKV Files with QuickTime Player on Mac