In this article, we will present how to transcode 1080p/720p MKV movies to Google Nexus 10 playable MP4 format by using Pavtube Video Converter for Mac. (Also learn how to convert MKV to Nexus 10 on a Windows PC)
Where to get MKV files?
MKV files are usually high quality videos compressed within a Mastroska container format. Typically you’ll encounter MKV files with Blu-ray rips or video exported from an HD stream (e.g. downloaded movie torrents).
How to play MKV files on a Mac?
You might have discovered that MKV videos won’t open in a standard movie player. Not to worry though, you just need to download an app or codec that supports playing the high quality (1080p/720p) MKV video format, like VLC 2, XBMC, Plex, Perian and MPlayerX.
How to make Google Nexus 10 play MKV files on a Mac computer?
Many people who download a 1080p/720p file with the extension MKV will often try to play it back with the high resolution Google Nexus 10 tablet. While most of the time this doesn’t work. How to get Nexus 10 slate to touch MKV videos? Simply convert it to a format that Nexus 10 supports very well, such as MP4. It is important to learn the exactly conversion process on a Macintosh computer. Here is it:
Download MKV to Nexus 10 Converter for Mac
Steps to convert 1080p/720p MKV movies to Nexus 10 compatible file format on a Mac with best quality:
1. Launch Pavtube Video Converter for Mac as the best 1080p/720p Mac video converter for Nexus 10. Click “Add video” or “Add from folder” icon to load your MKV files stored on your Mac’s HDD.
2. Go to “Format” menu and choose “Google Nexus 7 H.264 Video (*.mp4)” as output format from “Android” option.
3. Click “Settings” button to custom output file quality for Nexus 10 by adjusting video and audio settings
Best settings for Google Nexus 10
Size (pix): 1920*1080
Bitrate (kbps): 2000 - if you have higher expectation on image quality, you can adjust the video bit rate bigger than 2000 kbps. But notice that the higher bit rate, the larger file size.
Frame Rate (fps): 24
Sample Rate (hz): 44100
Bitrate (bps): 128000
If you want to save the optimal settings for Nexus 10 for future conversion use, you can learn to custom a suitable profile for your device.
4. Click “Convert” button to start ripping MKV files with 1080p or 720p quality to optimal MP4 format for Nexus 10 playback. As soon as the conversion is finished, you can click “Open” button to get the generated files with best video and audio quality. Connect your Nexus 10 device to your Mac, and transfer the generated MP4 files to it for viewing wherever you go.
- How to Add MKV Collections to iTunes movie library on Mac
- Transfer Canon video to iPad on Mac - Video Converter for Mac
- Convert Apple ProRes video to M4V for streaming to Apple TV 3
- Nikon D5200 Review and Specifications
- Final Cut Pro X and 3D AVCHD: Can FCPX process Sony 3D DEV-5 .mts footage?
- How to transfer/sync media files (video, music, photos) to Nexus 4 from Mac OS X?