The AG-HPX170/HPX171 is ultra-mobile P2 HD handheld camcorder featuring full, 4:2:2 independent frame production quality HD and solid-state recording. Based on the AG-HVX200 series, the lighter HPX170/HPX171 is fully solid state (no DV mechanism), and comes with a host of enhancements including a new 1/3" progressive 3-CCD imager system, wider Leica Dicomar 13X lens, an HD-SDI interface, metadata input and management.
You may have got HPX170/HPX171 camcorder which record MXF videos. MXF video format is often used in Panasonic high-end camcorders, this format is good for keep video quality but it’s not easy to use, because MXF files are not supported by many editing software on Mac and Windows, such as iMovie and FCE on Mac. You may have the need to import and edit HPX170/HPX171 MXF in iMovie, FCE. But iMovie/FCE doesn’t support P2 HPX170/HPX171 MXF footages directly, the best way to use MXF in iMovie is to convert HPX170/HPX171 P2 MXF to AIC for iMovie or FCE.
AIC(Apple InterMediate Codec) codec MOV format is iMovie best supported video format, so you need a P2 HPX170/HPX171 MXF converter for iMovie/FCE to transcode HPX170/HPX171 MXF to MOV(AIC or QuickTime) for iMovie, you can follow the guide below and you will know the HPX170/HPX171 MXF to MOV conversion on Mac.
1. Free download Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac. This is professional Panasonic MXF files converter which can help you convert HPX170/HPX171 P2 MXF to Mac compatible file, you can choose any format you want for output.
2. Install and launch this HPX170/HPX171 P2 MXF converter for iMovie, FCE.
3. Import the HPX170/HPX171 MXF footages to Pavtube MXF converter, and then click format column to choose the output format you need. For editing MXF files in iMovie on Mac, you can choose iMovie -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov), iMovie and FCE supports this format best.
4. If you need to adjust output parameters of the MXF files, you can click “settings” button, then you can choose the resolution, bitrate and others as you want.
5. Click convert button to start the Panasonic HPX170/HPX171 MXF files to MOV for iMovie/FCE conversion.
With the HPX170/HPX171 P2 MXF to iMovie/FCE converter, you can easily convert P2 MXF files to iMovie MOV format in few steps, just try and enjoy yourself.
Related P2 articles:
- Import Panasonic AG-HPX170/HPX171 P2 MXF to iMovie and FCE
- Convert Panasonic AJ-HPX 300 MXF videos to ProRes for FCP
- How to Convert Panasonic MXF Files for iMovie on Mac?
- How to convert down Panasonic AJ-HPX3700 HD MXF to MPEG files?
- Canon C300 Workflow-Edit C300 MXF in Avid and Burn MXF to DVD on Mac Mountain Lion
- Convert MXF to AVI/WMV/MOV/MP4/MPEG on Mac