Compact in size, light weight and fully featured, the Canon XF100 Professional Camcorder can be tailored to fit a wide range of individual needs. The XF100 records MPEG-2 MXF (Media Exchange Format) files – up to 1920 x 1080 Full HD at 50Mbps (4:2:2) – to relatively inexpensive and widely available CompactFlash (CF) memory cards. Relay Recording across two card slots allow filming to continue without interruption, whilst Double.
The MXF file wrapper that ensures the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure, metadata and non-linear editing (NLE) systems. The codec's 4:2:2 color sampling provides ultra-fine transitions in tone and color for maintaining the highest image quality needed for advanced post production processing. While XF100 users still have troubles when importing those 1080P recordings with .mxf file extension to the latest Final Cut Pro X for editing. It’s not an odd thing, because we can not find Canon XF100 out there from "Final Cut Pro X Supported Cameras" page. Then what to do if you need import Canon XF100 MXF to FCP? Here we recommend using Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac to transcode MXF files to Apple ProRes 422 for FCP X.
Key Features of Pavtube MXF transcoder for FCP X
- Turn MXF files into editable footage in FCP X, FCP 6, FCP 7, FCE, Avid Studio, iMovie, etc.
- Support Apple ProRes/DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/AIC output.
- Recode MXF recordings to MOV, MP4, MKV, TS, VOB, etc. for different uses.
- Add multiple MXF files to convert at a time and merge them into one file.
Guide: How to convert Canon XF100 .mxf files to FCP X by using MXF Converter for Mac?
Step 1: Run Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac
After downloading this app on your Mac , launch to load your MXF filers by clicking "Add Video" button to import MXF clips from your source folder.
You are allowed to load .MXF clips to Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac directly from your camera folder or a folder archived on your computer's HDD. If you want to load multiple .mxf files to convert for FCP X at a time, just drag and drop the entire folder into the Mac MXF Converter software.
Step 2: Select Apple ProRes 422 as output format for FCP X
Pavtube MXF to FCP X Converter features optimized preset for Final Cut Pro, which enables you to convert Canon XF100 MXF files to FCP X editable files like Apple ProRes 422, DVCPRO HD without quality loss with ease.
If you don't care about the generated file size, just want to pursuit the HD quality of your files, then you can go for this Apple ProRes HQ (*.MOV). (Differences among Apple ProRes codecs)
Step 3: Start transcoding XF100 .mxf files to FCP X
Click the Convert button to start XF100 MXF to Final Cut conversion. As soon as the format conversion is completed, you are able to import and edit the converted MXF files on Mac Final Cut without troubles.
1. If you are running a Windows PC and have troubles to import Canon XF100 MXF files for editing with Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, etc. you can try out Pavtube MXF Converter Windows version.
2. More than transcoding MXF footage shot by Canon XF100 camera, the Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac is also able to handle MXF clips generated by Canon C300, Canon XF105, XF300, XF305, and Panasonic P2 cameras like AG-HPX370/371, AG-HPX500, AJ-HPX2100, AJ-HPX2700, AJ-HPX3000, AJ-HPX3700, etc.
- Convert Panasonic MXF Footages to FCP as ProRes for Editing
- Convert Panasonic P2 MXF Files to Avid Media Composer 5.5
- Import AG-HPX600 P2 MXF to FCP X without Rendering on Mac
- Canon MXF to Sony Vegas Converter-Edit MXF in Sony Vegas
- P2 Current Camera Range and P2 MXF Dealing Approaches
- What is P2 (storage media)?