Compared with the very first generation of iPad Mini, Apple makes huge improvements on the new iPad Mini. The iPad Mini 2 not only features nicer hardware, an upgrade to a 64-bit A7 processor that promises up to a 4X boost in performance, than its predecessor, it’s also equipped with the same specs as its larger sibling, the iPad Air. While the highlight in the new iPad Mini 2 is probably a Retina display (2048 x 1536 resolutions) which offers better video enjoyment for every Apple user.
As a movie fan, you would be eager to move your collection of Blu-ra movies to iPad Mini 2 to amuse yourself and your friends; however, same as most tablets on the marker, the new iPad Mini is not equipped with a Blu-ray Disc Drive which means no Blu-ray movie is supported. How to play Blu-ray movies on the new iPad Mini 2?
To watch the new releases of Blu-ray movies like The Wolverine, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Star Trek into Darkness, Despicable Me, and more on iPad Mini 2 anywhere you like, you need to rip your Blu-ray movies to iPad Mini 2 playable format such as MP4, M4V, or MOV. Below is a full guide to help you move Blu-ray movies from disc to iPad Mini 2.
1. Windows/Mac PC networked
2. A Blu-ray Disc Drive well connected to the computer (ignore this if your PC is equipped with one)
3. The best Blu-ray Ripper for iPad Mini 2 downloaded and installed (Mac users: Mac Blu-ray to iPad Mini 2 Ripper)
How to Enable iPad Mini 2 to play Blu-ray movies on Windows/Mac?
Step 1: Load Blu-ray movie to the program
Launch Blu-ray to iPad Mini 2 Ripper, click on the button “Load Disc” to browse to disc drive and load your Blu-ray movie to the app.
Step 2: Set output format, profile settings for iPad Mini 2
First of all, choose one audio track as well as one subtitle track on the program UI for output.
Then, select output format for iPad Mini 2. Tap on “Format” menu, find “iPad” category and choose “iPad Mini HD Video(*.mp4)” as output format.
In addition, you are allowed to adjust profile parameters including video codec, display resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc under “Settings” tab to get optimized video and audio quality for display on your iPad Mini 2.
Step3: Start ripping Blu-ray movies to iPad Mini 2 MP4 file
Hit the big icon “Convert” to start ripping Blu-ray movie to iPad Mini 2 MP4 . Once it completes, get the ripped H.264 MP4 file from output folder and transfer your Blu-ray movies to iPad Mini 2 for watching.
Step 4: Transfer Blu-ray movies to iPad Mini 2 via iTunes
1. Open iTunes and connect iPad Mini 2 to your computer.
2. Click “File” tab in iTunes to add local file to iTunes library.
3. Click on iPad Mini 2 icon, follow the path “On This iPad> Movie>Add To” to stream videos from local computer to iPad Mini 2.
To get more detailed steps about streaming Blu-ray movies to iPad Mini 2, you can refer to Transfer videos, music, photos, iBook between your computer and iPad Air.
- Backup Blu-ray movies for watching on HD Monitor via HDMI with 5.1 audio
- Backup and Rip Blu-ray movies for ASUS Transformer Book T100
- How to transfer 2014 Disney movies to VTech InnoTab 3S for your kids?
- How to stream Blu-ray movies to any device via Plex over home network?
- Watch Blu-ray movies on Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
- Transcode/Convert/Move Blu-ray to Nokia Lumia 2520 on Windows 8.1/8