Blackmagic Design has announced the Production Camera 4K early on April, 2013, a Super-35 format, 4K-capable camera with global shutter for smooth panning and image motion. The company says it will cost $3995 and soon be released on July this year. It can capture footage in Apple ProRes 422 HQ or losslessly compressed CinemaDNG Raw - promising 12-stops of dynamic range. The camera is built around a Canon EF mount and an internal SSD recorder to cope with the data rates. Blackmagic says it will be available from July 2013.
Blackmagic Production Camera 4K Key Features include
* Large high resolution 4K Super 35 mm sized sensor with superior handing of image detail.
* Professional global shutter for smooth pans and image motion.
* Wide 12 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look. Compatible with extremely high quality EF mount lenses.
* Built in SSD recorder allows long duration recording onto solid state disks.
* Open file formats compatible with popular NLE software, such as Apple ProRes and compressed CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW.
* No custom file formats. Features all standard connections, including jack mic/line audio in, 6G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay, headphone mini jack, Thunderbolt, LANC remote control and standard DC 12 power connection.
* Built in touch screen LCD for camera settings and metadata entry compatible with popular video editing software including Final Cut Pro X.
* Supports Ultra HD and 1080HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps.
* Includes UltraScope software for live scopes via the built in Thunderbolt connection.
* Includes DaVinci Resolve color grading software.
With all above stunning features, both professional producers and camera amateurs would eager to have it for video recording and edit the video footage in editing programs like Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas and Avid Media Composer on Windows and FCP, iMovie on Mac PC. How to import Blackmagic Production Camera 4K AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MXF, XAVC video into video editing programs like FCP X/7/6? Blackmagic 4K Video to FCP Converter will be your ideal choice to transcode the Blackmagic 4K video output from Blackmagic Production Camera 4K to FCP compatible Apple ProRes MOV videos.
Guide of converting Blackmagic Production camera 4K video to FCP
1. Add 4K video into Blackmagic 4K Video to FCP Converter
Install and run Blackmagic 4K Video Converter on your computer. Add Blackmagic 4K video into this powerful 4K Video Converter.
2. Choose output format
Click "Format" icon to choose output format. FCP best video format is Apple ProRes MOV. For importing and edit Blackmagic 4K video in FCP 6, 7 and FCP X, you can find Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) under Final Cut Pro catalog.
3. Customize the video parameters in profile "settings".
You can customize the video parameters before output by clicking "settings" button in the main interface, such as resolution, frame rate, etc.
Meanwhile, you could also edit the Blackmagic 4K video before you convert them to FCP X/7/6, like trim, crop the video, add watermark or adjust effect to the videos.
4. Start conversion.
Click the "Convert" button on Pavtube program UI, and the conversion from Blackmagic 4K video to ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro X/7/6 will start immediately.
After successful conversion, you can locate the output files by clicking "Open" icon and import Blackmagic Production Camera 4V videos to FCP X/7/6.
- Fail to Import MXF Files into Premiere Pro CC 2015, Solved!
- How to Convert Canon XC10 MXF to MP4/MOV with Multiple Audio Tracks?
- Import Sony XDCAM/Canon XF/Panasonic P2 MXF to Avid Media Composer
- Convert Panasonic MXF Footages to FCP as ProRes for Editing
- Convert Panasonic P2 MXF Files to Avid Media Composer 5.5
- Import AG-HPX600 P2 MXF to FCP X without Rendering on Mac